LG Vortex
gahfield
Enthusiast - Level 1

I just purchased the LG Vortex less than a week ago, and so far I'm happy with it except one thing is really bugging me.  I can not figure out how to include my password in with my phone #/voice mail *86 number so that I don't have to enter the password every time I go to retrieve my vm.  I never had any problem with my previous phones. I was able to add the letter either "T" or "P" between the *86 and my password # and it would go right through without me having to enter the password all the time... does anyone know how to solve this?? -- thanks

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Vortex
gahfield
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.. putting in the comma worked... I think what happened is there are 2 ways you can retrieve your vm..  1 is to click on the icon on the screen that looks like an old VHS video cassette or you can click on the telephone handset icon and then press and hold down the #1 on the keypad.. I was trying to retrieve the messages through the VHS thingy, but that wasn't working. I tried clicking on the phone handset and then pressing and holding down the #1 and it worked fine!  THanks again..

View solution in original post

0 Likes
LG_Pro
Contributor - Level 2

gahfield wrote:

I just purchased the LG Vortex less than a week ago, and so far I'm happy with it except one thing is really bugging me.  I can not figure out how to include my password in with my phone #/voice mail *86 number so that I don't have to enter the password every time I go to retrieve my vm.  I never had any problem with my previous phones. I was able to add the letter either "T" or "P" between the *86 and my password # and it would go right through without me having to enter the password all the time... does anyone know how to solve this?? -- thanks

Have you tried "," (Comma) to insert a soft Pause?  Or multiple Commas if you need to.  See if that will work.

0 Likes
gahfield
Enthusiast - Level 1

Thank you.. putting in the comma worked... I think what happened is there are 2 ways you can retrieve your vm..  1 is to click on the icon on the screen that looks like an old VHS video cassette or you can click on the telephone handset icon and then press and hold down the #1 on the keypad.. I was trying to retrieve the messages through the VHS thingy, but that wasn't working. I tried clicking on the phone handset and then pressing and holding down the #1 and it worked fine!  THanks again..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

gahfield wrote:

You would have to look under Settings > Call Settings and look for voicemail setting to change the how the voicemail icon (VHS video cassette symbol) functions.  You would have to add the pauses and password there,

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes