LG Vortex, suddenly no sound in calls. Help!
onebigelf

All of the sudden I have no sound when making a call.  I can't hear them, they can't hear me.  There is no audio feedback during the call.  I can't hear it ring, no dial tone nada.  Voice to text doesn't work.  Voice destination in Navigate doesn't work.  Music is fine, MY phone rings. 

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Vortex, suddenly no sound in calls. Help!
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, demmo86rt, for your reply.

Hello onebigelf,

Thanks for posting. I know what an inconvenience it must be experiencing audio issues on your device. Has there been any water/moisture or physical damaged caused on your device? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? I asked that you first place your device in safe mode to make sure it's not an application causing the issue. Once this is done please retest. If you're still experiencing issues after this feel free to DM me for further assistance.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

View solution in original post

0 Likes
onebigelf

Also, no speakerphone.  I've rebooted, and also pulled the battery and rebooted.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like the speaker/mic or the associated drivers crapped out on you, you may want to call tech support and find out about a replacement device.

0 Likes
DaisyP_VZW
Verizon Employee

Thanks, demmo86rt, for your reply.

Hello onebigelf,

Thanks for posting. I know what an inconvenience it must be experiencing audio issues on your device. Has there been any water/moisture or physical damaged caused on your device? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? I asked that you first place your device in safe mode to make sure it's not an application causing the issue. Once this is done please retest. If you're still experiencing issues after this feel free to DM me for further assistance.

DaisyP_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport 

0 Likes
CrissRocks7

I had the exact same problem. My phone would ring, vibrate, do everything except when I answer nobody can hear or speak to anyone. Then I noticed if I used the music player without headphones I couldn't hear the music. It's because phone thinks you have headphones/earpiece plugged in. So it's sending all  your audio to some imaginary headpiece, and expecting your voice to go into the imaginary microphone. You can use an ear piece with the phone and it will work, I have no idea what happened to mine after about a month of not working it just started working again (the day after I ordered a new phone of course) Good luck!

0 Likes