LG Vortex home button does not work anymore
damianno01

It used to work and now doesn't. Have to constantly use back button. Very annoying.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Vortex home button does not work anymore
KinquanaH_VZW
VZ Employee Emeritus

damianno01, I know that issues with the virtual keypad and touch screen can be frustrating. This can cause a customer to be upset because every function can be initiates through the home key, so I truly know what you’re going through. I have researched this problem, in more detail and found customers have reported it as a known issue and we are working on a resolution. Currently a master/factory reset has worked for resolving this issue. I first want you to try putting your phone into safe modebefore performing a factory reset. Safe Mode temporarily disables all applications that have been installed via the Android Market. Performing this troubleshooting step can determine whether a 3rd party application is the cause of an Operating System issue. The steps are below to enable and disable safe mode. Once this is done, if it does not resolve your issues, you can perform a master/factory reset. 

I have listed the steps along with a link below for performing a master/factory reset.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/knowledge_base.html?id=36724

Steps to enable/disable safe mode:

Enabling Safe mode

Press and hold the Power button.

Select Power off.

Select OK.

Press and hold the Power button.

When the LG Logo appears on the screen, press and hold the Menu button.

Hold the Menu button until Safe mode appears in the lower-left of the home screen.

>This may take up to 30 seconds.

While in Safe Mode, remove the most recently installed applications.

Power cycle the device then attempt to use the device.

If the device works properly, install applications one at a time to identify the application causing the problem.

Disabling Safe mode

1.                               Press and hold the Power button.

2.                               Select Power off.

3.                               Select OK.

Steps to perform a factory rest Performing a hard reset will remove ALL data including the Google account, system data, application data, application settings, and downloaded applications. 

1.                               From the home screen, select the applications tab (located at the bottom of the display).

2.                               Select Settings.

3.                               Select Privacy.

4.                               Select Factory data reset.

5.                               Select Reset phone.
 If presented, enter the current passcode or draw the unlock pattern.

6.                               Select Erase everything.

7.                               Perform initial activation

0 Likes