LG Vortex and Google Maps Navigation
bolski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can the LG Vortex use Google Maps Navigation? I know it comes loaded with Bing stuff and not the Google Apps suite and that it can use VZ Navigator, but I don't want to pay the $9.99 monthly fee for it.

I have friends that have other Droids and they come with the Google Maps Navigator on it. Is this a free app that I can obtain from the Android App Market?

Thanks!

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Vortex and Google Maps Navigation
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bolski wrote:

Can the LG Vortex use Google Maps Navigation? I know it comes loaded with Bing stuff and not the Google Apps suite and that it can use VZ Navigator, but I don't want to pay the $9.99 monthly fee for it.

I have friends that have other Droids and they come with the Google Maps Navigator on it. Is this a free app that I can obtain from the Android App Market?

Thanks!

Yes it is free and available in the Market. It will load the Google Navigation as well and save you the money for vz navigation. Just search for Google Maps. While you're at it search for the Google Street View. It is separate application from the Maps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

bolski wrote:

Thanks!

Yes it is free and available in the Market. It will load the Google Navigation as well and save you the money for vz navigation. Just search for Google Maps. While you're at it search for the Google Street View. It is separate application from the Maps.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
bolski
Enthusiast - Level 3

Thanks for the tips. Once my Vortex gets in, I'll try that out. I just wish I had it today! :smileywink:

I'm just getting impatient as this is my first Droid and I can't wait to play around with it.

0 Likes
swasch

saw this thread and wanted to add a question.  If I use the Google Navigation will it use data time while navigating?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader
Yes Google Navigation will use your data plan.

0 Likes