LG Vortex SD card unmounted or not present problem
friskylobster53

I've had my Vortex for about a year now, and just recently, while trying to send a picture, a message popped up, saying that the SD card was damaged. I removed it and replaced it, but then another message appeared, saying the SD card is unmounted or not present. I went to the SD card and phone storage page and both mount card and format card were grayed out. I restarted my phone and the same problem occurred, except now the phone is stuck with the preparing SD card/checking for errors in the notifications bar. I removed the card again and replaced it and tried mounting it again, this time the mount button was white and it popped up the message asking if I was sure that I wanted to mount it. I pressed okay and then the phone froze. A few seconds later, it restarted itself-- with the start screen with the verizon logo popping up and the start sound playing. After the sound stopped, the phone froze with the verizon logo still up. I left it alone all night to see if it would eventually unfreeze. It did not and the only way I could get my phone to turn back on was to take the battery out and replace it. I tried a different SD card in the phone and it worked fine, but haven't tried the problematic card in another phone yet.

I'm not sure what is wrong and could use some help. Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Vortex SD card unmounted or not present problem
friskylobster53

I hope this doesn't have a simple solution that I am just not seeing

0 Likes