LG Vortex - 3G random- not roaming
SarahJoeMaxC

I have had LOTS of issues recently with my phone dropping 3G and going to 1X coverage. Or just nothing at all. This is a refurb phone to replace my prev lemon. So what's the deal? i have tried all the recommendations in the other posts. Under wireless & networks settings i have no Wi-Fi on, under mobile networks I have data enabled, under network mode I have Digital only Hybrid and under System select I have Automatic set.

So what is causing it to go out of 3G and how can I force it to connect again without shutting down and restarting? As I'm typing this i see it blink to 1X and back twice. I'm not in a new place since I got the phone a year ago, it is all the same. Just started this about a month ago.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Vortex - 3G random- not roaming
SarahJoeMaxC

ALSO: have it set to all trips under roaming  (i have unlimited) and still blinks out. Checking Facebook is like watching paint dry; checking e-mail is a day long task and using Bing is like asking for an act of Congress. Do I have another lemon???

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

What is your PRL number? Go to settings > about phone > signal to find the information.

When was the last time you updated the Roaming List or reprogrammed the phone to the Verizon Wireless network? Dial *228, option 1 to reprogram and dial *228, option 2 to update your roaming list.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SarahJoeMaxC

My PRL # is 52707

I have done the *228 option 2 about once a week since I started having the issue. I have not done the option 1. I also have never had my phone ask me to update software since the day I got it. My husband wonders if my phone is having problems because of that.

I will do the option 1 on *228. That doesn't factory reset or anything right...?   Here goes..

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

No it doesn't factory reset the phone. It does reset the phone's connection to the Verizon Wireless network and sometimes clear up issues like what you described.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
SarahJoeMaxC

The 3G seems to now by consistant but it is still sloooooooowwwww... I have been trying to connect to Facebook on my phone all morning. It just circles and circles and circles and then forces close. I have no idea if this is all connected or if it is just my phone doing something stupid.

0 Likes