LG V10 Auto Call Last Caller (Post VS99025A Update)
riddlz

I received the VS99025A update on Friday, January 06, 2017 @ 2:18 AM PST and ever since the update, my phone now auto dials my last caller.  The times it called:

• January 7, 2017 @ 6:16 AM PST
  • January 8, 2017 @ 6:30 AM PST
  • January 9, 2017 @ 6:32 AM PST

I've not added any app, changed any setting since the update was made and I've not had this problem before.  I did some research on this issue and did find some Bluetooth devices making autocalls when activated. I do have a FitBit Charge 2 but have had not issues for the month I've had it activated 24/7 on my wrist and an LG Headset I activate when driving or walking.  This device is turned off any other time.

When my phone did the autocall/autoredial I was asleep the first 2 times and today happened while I was getting ready for work.  I was not holding it, and didn't do any activity that would cause the phone to call my last caller.  I also have gestures turned off except auto ignore call ins by flipping over the phone.  It was not in my direct line of site either if there's a gesture of looking at phone redial option.

I also poked around in the following areas to double check to see if anything would cause this auto redial around 6:30 AM PST:

• Call App - Call Settings: Auto retry is turned off (for redialing) and there's no setting that has an auto call someone at such and such a time.
  • Settings: Checked all areas that might have some sort of scheduled time to call someone, nothing found.
  • Contacts: Checked contact for some specific Google scheduled call.
  • Settings - Smart Clean: Deleted all temp files per recommendation on forums, will see if this works, though highly doubt it.

Again, I haven't made any changes that would initiate this sort of option though I do know apps are out there now on the Google Playstore that allows me to do such a thing.

Is there anyone out there that has experienced this same issue in the last week (even though this issue dates back to 2014 on some forums)?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG V10 Auto Call Last Caller (Post VS99025A Update)
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This should not happen on your phone without you initiating the call riddiz. I was unable to locate this issues as being a know problem with your phone. Have you attempted a factory reset? If you you haven't here is a link with the steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200908/ . Let us know if you continue to have the same issues.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This should not happen on your phone without you initiating the call riddiz. I was unable to locate this issues as being a know problem with your phone. Have you attempted a factory reset? If you you haven't here is a link with the steps https://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-200908/ . Let us know if you continue to have the same issues.

KinquanaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
riddlz

Hi KinquanaH,

I was hoping to avoid doing a factory reset.  I've never had this problem before until after the latest OS update.  This kind of "repair" is a last resort IMO.  It's not even a guarantee fix since, again, I started having this issue after the latest OS update.

I'll continue to research on my own to see if I can find what others have tried before doing a factory reset.

0 Likes