Re: LG Spectrum losing bluetooth connectivity
Groat04

I am having the same issue.  Bluetooth won't pair consistent with my car (Toyota Sienna), then whe I try to turn bluetooth on and off phone resets.  I got a refurbrished phone from Verizon for this issue and I am having the same problem.  Does anyone have a solutions?

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Groat04,

Let's get to the bottom of the problem! Have you completed a master reset as suggested by one of the community members? Have you recently downloaded any new applications? I would suggest running your device in safe-mode:http://bit.ly/zeRxZM and then retest your Bluetooth connectivity.  I look forward to hearing from you soon.

Thank you for your involvement in our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

Groat04

I did a hard reset, still had the same problem so I sent my phone into Verizon.  They sent me a refirbished moded that has the same problem.  I then tried the safe mode you suggested, but still have same problem (bluetooth will initially work then looses conncectivy).  I got the response below from another customer service rep that would indicate this is a known issue:

Dear Tina,

Good afternoon Tina, I hope you are having a marvelous

Monday! My name is Regina and I will be delighted to assist you with your device

issues. I understand the importance to be able to use your Bluetooth. I am sorry

the device will not stay connected. Please accept our apologies for the delay in

our response due to the higher than normal e-mail volume.

Tina, it is unfortunate your Bluetooth will not stay connected since your software update. I

am sorry to inform you this is a known issue and at this time there is no

workable resolution. Once a fix is in place, you will be informed of the new

update. I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause.

Once again, my name is Regina and it was a pleasure to address your device issues and I hope we

have a resolution quickly. Tina, we appreciate your communication with us and

thanks for being a part of the Verizon Wireless Family. Please enjoy your week!

Sincerely,

Regina

Customer Service

Verizon Wireless

0 Likes
sm05

While it is nice to know that this is a "known issue", there appears to be no hope for any fix.  This problem is not new, as can be seen from the dates in this thread.  Why did Verizon even bother to send me a replacement phone when they knew that the bluetooth issue would not be solved.  What other options do I have available?

0 Likes
Groat04

My GPS also stopped working on my refirbished phone so I had Verizon send me an HTC Rezound.  I will NEVER buy another LG phone.

0 Likes
Cookie_Monster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same/similar problem. The headset and phone disconnect and nothing I try will reconnect them except rebooting the phone. I turn bluetooth off from the settings menu and the phone will disconnect. I turn bluetooth back on and nothing. The bluetooth is still off so I try and turn it on again and that is when the phone reboots.

I don't think this is a specific bluetooth headset problem, but for reference I am using a Plantronics Voyager Pro HD.

I called Verzon and they walked me through the usual and of course no help. I am on the latest software version for the phone. I removed the headset and reconnected, same problem.

Let's hope ICS will be released soon and fix this problem. Smiley Happy

wrongway633

i am having the same issue.

0 Likes
NinaK

Thanks for posting this and to the OP for bringing it up in the first place. This has been driving me nuts, surely hope they will fix it soon. You'd think just turning off bluetooth and turning it back on would do it but no such luck. Getting annoyed by having to turn off the phone and on again every time I get in the car!

0 Likes
Matt_in_PDX
Enthusiast - Level 2

I am having the same problem.

If I reboot the phone, I can connect to the bluetooth device in my car.

This working state lasts for about 30 min to 1 hour.

In the middle of a long call yesterday, the bluetooth just suddenly stopped working.

If I try to disable and re-enable bluetooth, my phone reboots.

I definitely did NOT have this problem when I first got the phone and suspect it has something to do with the an update.

LG Spectrum

Firmware: VS920ZV6

Android system image: 2.3.6

0 Likes
Cookie_Monster
Enthusiast - Level 2

I believe this bluetooth problem crept in V6. 

Do you have Pandora installed? If you do then uninstall and use another music service and see if the forced reboots quit.

Another person on the LG Forums suggested a different method, but removing Pandora did the trick for me.

Hope this helps Smiley Happy

0 Likes