LG Spectrum losing bluetooth connectivity
macd68
Enthusiast - Level 1

Just pulled down and applied the latest software update (2.3.6) and since I've applied it, the Spectrum is experiencing both random (just dropping in the middle of a call) and predictable connectivity issues with my Jawbone Icon HD headset. If I turn off the Jawbone and try to reconnect later in the day it will not reconnect. The only resolution I've been able to find is to power off and restart the phone. Anyone else having similar issues or have recommendations?

Labels (1)
Re: LG Spectrum losing bluetooth connectivity
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Maybe there is a bluetooth sleep setting.  You could try cycling your bluetooth radio on your phone.

0 Likes
ebuggers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I am having the exact same problem.  Ever since I received the 2.3.6 upgrade, my bluetooth function is practically useless.  I try to connect to Sync in my Ford Fusion or Motorola wireless headset and it just searches until it times out or reboots.  Only after I reboot the phone, sometimes twice, am I able to connect to the bluetooth.  Unfortunately after it connects it often drops bluetooth connectivity in the middle of the call. 

0 Likes
jezeric

I am also having the same issue after the update. If I cycle the bluetooth off and then try to turn it back on, it cycles and then goes back to bluetooth off. If I try to restart the bluetooth again, it reboots the whole phone. Then I can re-connect my bluetooth headset and use it for a random amount of time. I think the update has to be buggy.

0 Likes
asteet

I’m having the same problem. Since the last update the Bluetooth won’t connect. Sometimes cycling the Bluetooth radio will get it to work; sometime cycling the radio freezes the phone, and then the phone reboots. I also get random reboots at other times.

Android 2.3.6

Build GRK39F

SW VS920ZV6

0 Likes
DeadChicken

Similar issues here and it does appear to have come with the latest update...

Android:  2.3.6

Kernal:  2.6.35.11-perf+lge@android-build #1

Build:  GRK39F

SW:  VS920ZV6

Still looking for where I can official submit a bug report.  I'm guessing that I might actually have to call VZW.  If I find a solution, I'll follow-up this post.

0 Likes
DeadChicken

Bah!

I called support, who transferred me to technical support, who talked to LG, who said it has to be a hardware issue and to factory reset my phone.  Of course, the proposed solution isn't actually a solution to the assumed problem.  I don't think I'm going to reset my phone and wipe everything on it.  PC companies used to tell unsuspecting novices to do that to their systems as the answer to just about any problem.  They don't anymore.  However, since I believe the problem is with the update, a factory reset might actually fix the issue - until it updates again.  But at 2.3.5, the browser takes minutes to load, so I'll stick with the inconvenience of having to sometimes boot my phone to get it to pair with my car or other devices.

Please post if anyone has any better luck.

0 Likes
ebuggers
Enthusiast - Level 1

My support person sent me a refurbished phone. Unfortunately it was a

Samsung Charge. The good news is I may have discovered a workaround until

there is a fix in the next version.

1 - When you turn off your BT device the phone is automatically

disconnected.

2 - Turn off the BT functionality on the phone via the settings (not the

widget).

3 - When time to reconnect turn the BT back on via the phone settings.

4 - While in settings hit Scan for Devices. If the scan begins, the BT

reconnection occurs without fail or reboot.

My theory is the failure may have to do with a disconnect between the

widget and the program that runs via settings. Next time I'll try the

steps minus the scan for devices step.

On May 30, 2012 6:22 PM, "DeadChicken" <community@verizonwireless.com>

0 Likes
kyote

Not trying to hijack the thread but I am having the same issues and random ringtone changes also, anyone else having the ringtone issue.  All started with the update.

0 Likes
ebuggers
Enthusiast - Level 1

I experienced Herrington issues as well but once I removed the sound

manager app it seemed to be resolved.

0 Likes