Re: LG Spectrum and Ice Cream Sandwich
Not applicable

I'm getting a download error today too on my lucid.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Likely, and unfortunately a function of the connectivity that exists between the phone and the update server(s) used for the OTA update. I'm not getting the error.

0 Likes
leejay99
Enthusiast - Level 3

Looks like my reply to fergieg, #80, didn't make it on here, so...

Wish we could see what you posted but it seems funny that's the only way we get a response from Verizon, LOL!  Absolutely NO help with our issue but say something bad, oooooooohhhhhhhhhh, look out, (deleted content to comply with VZW ToS) is going to rear it's ugly head!  At least someone at verizon is paying attention to something.

Anyone out there try to check for updates the last day and a half?  When I try, I get a download error message, asking me to try again later. Like I have a choice.  Up until yesterday, it would say that my software is up to date but not any more.

Message was edited by: Verizon Moderator (M)

0 Likes
xHolePunchx
Enthusiast - Level 1

I think its about time that we all call our local news papers and openly publicize this information as a warning to people. I'm sure Verizon wont like that and may begin to:

A. PUSH the stinking upgrade that they have (LG has confirmed to me, and many others that they released the update to Verizon back near July) already!

B. Replace our devices to shut us up and keep us happy, which I'd be fine with. We are victims of false advertisement, we were fed mis-information about features that our phone should have had in order to entice our purchases under false pretenses... and I was one of those that pain $199 for mine, and the sales people kept stating, ICS on it and the Razr (which got it, and we didnt) would be coming soon! That was months ago...

Verizon, you're editing our posts, you're reading, you're seeing everything we're saying so step up your game and recall the Spectrum and offer us a new ICS device in its place without giving us grief as a way of saying sorry, or we can run with all of your false claimed ads and see what the rest of the public thinks..

You're licked, admit it... you owe us something for your deceit...

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

I am getting the error since last night. Not sure what is up!

0 Likes
verizonmoderator1

<Due to the repeated violations of the in this discussion particularly discussion of moderation and other violations, this discussion will locked.>

0 Likes