Re: LG Spectrum and Ice Cream Sandwich
Machpovii3
Enthusiast - Level 1

A few months ago, rumor had it coming out mid-july!

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

And it'll be a pretty straight forward case to win also.. Verizon advertised the update everywhere. My guess is that if you do sue them, they will settle before court hearing and offer you a handset with ICS on it.

0 Likes
tntodd
Enthusiast - Level 1

Seems to be a problem with Verizon to me. I bought the Spectrum with the understanding that the ICS update would take place in the first half of the year, and now it looks to be into Q4 before we get the update, if then. My brother in-law has the Galaxy Nexus, he does app development for a large global company and he was under the impression that it would get the latest updates in a more prompt manner when compared to other smart phones on the market today. Well guess what, he is upset as well because updates are being delayed on it as well.Two completely different phones with one  common denominator... Verizon Wireless.

I wish this wasn't happening like it is because overall I have been fairly happy with the service, and I just recently got 4G service to my home, so I am thankful for that. I just feel that there needs to be better communication between Verizon and their customers. I feel as if I was lied to about this phone, and therefore it makes me question anything else that might come up in the future.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Verizon *used* to be a service provider, now it simply has turned into a used car stealership. Something must have changed in the upper level management recently. Just like a used car salesman takes advantage of his customers knowing the customer might not have many options than to buy it from him, Verizon has strated the same game. Verizon does have a good network, and only based off that, it has started highway robbery, lieing and cheating its customers.

I am beyond shocked that a company who sold hundreds of thousands of this phone based on false advertisement, does not even feel the urgency / need to address the issue. That shows how much Verizon does care about its customers - absolutely zero.

fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

Ok guys.. this is the ONLY thing that would get the ball rolling for the ICS update on Spectrum:

Each of you need to file a complaint against LG Electronics as well as Verizon Wireless on BBB.com. LG's own press release shows that the update was promised to be released in the first half of 2012 which is long gone. Here's LG's press release:

http://www.lgnewsroom.com/ces2012/view.php?product_code=93&product_type=93&post_index=1800

Here's Verizon's press release stating the Spectrum will be updated:

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/01/bl2012-01-24g.html

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/05/bl2012-03-06.html

Here is the link to BBB complaint page:

https://www.bbb.org/consumer-complaints/file-a-complaint/get-started

http://www.bbb.org/chicago/business-reviews/electronic-equipment-and-supplies-wholesale-and-manufact...

DO IT!!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Someone at VZW has the update schedule for the various devices. How about some information being shared with it's customer base? VZW could and should do that.

Yesterday I asked via Twitter why VZW doesn't dedicate more resources to the task of validating updates on it's various Android devices? After all it is not Google nor the OEMs that are controlling the OTA updates. Ultimately it comes down to the carrier.

The response I received was essentially VZW is partnering with OEMs to assure the best experience for all of it's customers. Thanks for being patient.

That was a pretty non-answer response.

We were supposed to receive the update to ICS in 2nd QTR. As the 3rd QTR comes near to a close, no information is really quite void of the customer-centricity we should expect.

0 Likes
Machpovii3
Enthusiast - Level 1

Already done.  It's funny how the community forum went down not long after you posted this, Fergieg.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

What community forum went down? One for the LG Spectrum? I haven't seen VZW create one for it's customers. They should though. Did I miss something?

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

The entire Verizon Wireless Community was down for maintenance yesterday morning. During which time, the space for the iPhone5 appears to have been added to the forum. I haven't seen any other changes since then.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Thanks Ann. A space for a phone that isn't even available yet, but no space for pre-existing phones like the Spectrum. That's good customer-centric support for ya.

0 Likes