Re: LG Spectrum and Ice Cream Sandwich
Skribblez

I am getting pretty sick of this whole situation to be quite frank. Verizon promised ICS on this device and it is available to them. I would not have got this phone if I knew this was going to be the situation. However, I have heard that many providers are delaying upgrading devices to ICS as long as possible because ICS enables users to disable bloatware apps that VZW gets paid to have on the phones. I have ICS on my spectrum from the leak and love it. It does have its bugs but it's quite fantastic not dealing with the bloatware

0 Likes
LG Spectrum and Ice Cream Sandwich
frustratedlou

I AM SO DISAPPOINTED WITH SPECTRUM.   I do not have a clue about Ice Cream or whatever; but if it will help I WILL LOVE IT!     I like the capabilities and features of my Spectrum; WHEN THEY WORK.  '  I Have problems with text,  battery life, random rebooting, and setting up email errors!  i am on my second phone in the 2 months I have been with the Spectrum and Verizon.   And sure Factory Reset helps but then there is the whole set up and stuff.  I shouldn't have to pay Verizon; I have spent endless hours over this phone.   I SHOULDN'T HAVE SWITCHED TO VERIZON, I was so excited to move to Verizon but have not had ONE GOOD DAY with my Spectrum and calling 611 only confuses matters because I get a different excuse or so=called solution every time (technician).     Whew... Venting felt good!

0 Likes
Skribblez

Absolutely understand and share your frustration. It's not the VZW service that lacks with this phone as VZW is a great provider, arguably the best of them. LG has a track history of being behind with phones and not keeping them updated very well. Switching to verizon was not the mistake; but hopefully they will release v7 soon which makes life with the spectrum a much more pleasant experience! I used to work for verizon at a call center and when you call your pretty much rolling the dice on getting a decent rep who actually knows what they are doing. Maybe 1/5 know what they are doing and if they don't know they are told to "Make something up and make it sound like you know what your talking about". For this fact you are better taking your device to a store where you can speak with a trained technician.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

I have a different take on things, specifically "LG has a track history of being behind with phones and not keeping them updated very well".

Factually, I think we've received 2 or 3 updates to GB since it's release in February. Not bad.

It's possible, LG provided the upgrade to ICS in a timely manner and Verizon must verify it for compatibility with thier own apps, and also their network... There have been a number of phones getting ICS on VZW this year, and well, everything hasn't been going as smooth as had been hoped on all the phones it has been deployed on.

Google it.

My service has been great. My phones (one got run over by a car) have been great, but I think this situation of multiple phones, multiple OEMs, results in additional delays for the Spectrum receiving the planned ICS update. I don't think VZW resources are limitless.

Yes, hopefuly we will get the update soon, as the 2nd QTR has come and gone and now we are getting nearer to 3rd QTR without the update.

0 Likes
fergieg
Contributor - Level 2

This isn't a matter of Verizon or LG's decision anymore whether to release ICS update for the Spectrum or not. It was never a speculation in internet forums that the Spectrum will get ICS, rather several well publicized press releases by both Verizon and LG suggesting that Spectrum WILL get ICS. No ICS on spectrum = lawsuit.

Spectrum™ by LG Now Available on America’s Fastest, Most Reliable 4G Network

http://news.verizonwireless.com/news/2012/01/bl2012-01-24g.html