LG Spectrum - Microphone and Speaker issues in a call
jerrydm11

I have two LG Spectrum phones and both have the same problem.  First problem: When in a call and using Speakerphone, voices over speaker on Spectrum are distorted / garbled unless volume is reduced to lowest 2 settings.  However, playing music over the speaker at full volume works without issue.  It appears the incoming Verizon Network Voice amplitude is too high and is overdriving the speaker.  Second problem:  The microphone volume is too low which causes cutouts and muffled volume to the other person.  However, when using speakerphone mode, the microphone volume is significantly better to the other person, but still have "First problem" with Speakerphone listed above.

Is there a fix for these issues or will there be any software updates to resolve these issues?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum - Microphone and Speaker issues in a call
macd68
Enthusiast - Level 1

My wife and I noticed the same thing with the mic on regular calls on both of our phones. Seems like the placement of the mic on the underside is not conducive to picking up the users voice when held like a normal phone. We've had to revert to using the speakerphone or bluetooth headset for adequate audio clarity on the receiving end. Pretty disappointing design flaw.

dci_roch
Enthusiast - Level 2

same here is there a known issue with this phone?

woodsbw
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have the same problem. We have two of these phones and have tried everything to correct the problem. I should not have to use my bluetooth because of a lousy design in the phone. The rest of the Spectrum features are nice, but I still need a phone that works without needing a bluetooth.

CustomersB4_
Enthusiast - Level 1

So this seems to be a design issue that should be addressed by LG AND Verizon. We spent $$$ (although maybe discounted) and we deserve products that meet our basic needs, i.e. I bought a PHONE and should be able to use it as a PHONE, hence smartPHONE.

I also have 2 Spectrum's in which both have the same call quality issue of mumbling. Unfortunately we did not realize this to be such an issue and could not return them until 18 days after our purchase; and Verizon only backs their products for returns 15 days. Now we are stuck with 2 poor phone quality phones until we are "eligible" for another upgrade or pay full price (overpriced) for new phones. When we tried to return them on the 18th day the salesmen said the problem was the screen protector because it was covering the screen and the microphone was under the screen. Although I pointed out that in fact the microphone was not covered because it is on the bottom, hence the microphone hole. He said the only other option would be a warranty replacement. I guess my conversations with my wife will be limited to only a few minutes while I am traveling 2 weeks at a time for the next year and half, thank you Verizon for standing behind your products and taking care of your customers.

Sorry for the rant.