LG Spectrum Internal Memory
pantheracorvus

I have had my LG Spectrum for about 6 months now, after upgrading from the LG Chocolate. The phone is ok. The battery life could be longer. My main issue is I have been getting Internal Memory shortage errors. All apps that I have downloaded that can be stored on the SD Card are put there. The ones that came on the phone that I don't use don't get updated. I keep my email inbox and trash folders cleared of any messages, so it doesn't take up unnecessary space. I have cleared all cache’s that had storage space being used. including my browser, FB and maps. I have deleted all of my text messages. WHAT IS LEFT FOR ME TO DELETE TO BE ABLE TO USE THIS BLASTED THING?!? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum Internal Memory
stef7
Master - Level 2

You might get more assistance on the LG Forums. There is a very active LG community there.

There is this how-to: http://www.lgforum.com/how_do_is/troubleshooting-low-memory-on-android

May I recommend the following:

Go to Menu | System Settings | Storage and look at your Internal Storage. Out of the 4GB internal memory, of which about 1.69 is available to the user, how much does it say your phone has available in Available user space? Write that figure down.

When you are done with the below, then look again at the available user space.

First, I would recommend downloading and running 1Tap Cache Cleaner from the Play Store and cleaning all application caches.

I also prefer using the download Advanced Task Manager Free from the PlayStore (over the Manage Apps menu item), and using the "Phone" tab to see what apps are installed in phone memory, then selecting them all and Move to SD card. BTW, if any move fails, try it again.

0 Likes