LG Spectrum - Can't validate email
Phynix

So I have had my LG Spectrum for a little while now and I can't use the "email" app provided by Verizon.  It continues to tell me my accounts are not validated and that "authentication failed" and asks if I want to delete all accounts.  It also gives me an error every night when it tries to do the back up.

Any ideas?  Suggestions?

I have already tried to check my settings on my Gmail accounts.  I am using the Gmail app since I can't get the "email" app to work.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
LG Spectrum - Can't validate email
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Using the Gmail app for your gmail accounts is probably a good idea.  For other email accounts, have you verified that you are using the correct mobile server settings for those accounts?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum - Can't validate email
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi Phynix. It sounds like you've tried pretty hard to get your email running. Ann154 is right though, the Gmail application is the best way to set up your Gmail email accounts on your device. The Email app would be used for other email accounts, like Yahoo or AOL for example. What type of email accounts are giving you trouble with validation? Have you double checked the settings with your email provider yet?

Also, what's the nightly error message your getting? Is it for Backup Assistant or another app in your phone?

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
Phynix

I managed to get my Gmail to work through the Gmail app. With the new

update however when I open the Email App (the verizon one) which has my

work email connected to it, the screen simply comes up white and says it

was updated 11/15/12 at 10:56 but it does not show the actual messages. I

have to go to the email preview that is on the main screen of my phone to

read them, if I open the actual email app it shows a white screen saying

when it was updated and that I have 2 emails. My phone is still giving me

the Backup Error every night though and no one can tell me what is going on

with that either.

On Thu, Nov 15, 2012 at 10:53 AM, Verizon Wireless Customer Support <

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Phynix, having problems with email is no fun. Let's get this fixed. I recommend deleting those email address  temporally and readding them. I also recommend this step for the Backup Assistance.  If you continue to have issues, a factory reset may help fix both issues http://tiny.cc/htw8nw . Keep us posted.

KinquanaH_VZW

0 Likes