LG Spectrum 2 wont turn on
logandude60

Hi, so recently my phone decided to die. I'm going to give you as many details as possible.

I went to sleep and had my phone sitting on the charger all night. Woke up, took it off the charger and played with it for a while, set it down, and then the battery died. I had plugged it to charge, and then it turned on by itself. I didn't think much of it. I checked the time, and saw it was charging only at 8%, and then next time I tried to look at it, the sleep button wasn't turning on the screen. So I thought it was weird. I unplugged the phone, took out the battery, and put it back in. Nothing. No signs of life or anything. Which was weird, because my phone was working fine. It was just a little sluggish since I have so many games on there and i play them often.

So now I go into panic mode and start looking stuff up to figure out whats going on.

Some threads say it's dead dead. Some threads say it's able to work again. So please help me figure out if I can get this phone alive again because I do love it so much.

lg spectrum will not power up, battery is full ? -> says "Here is what I want you to try, I want you to remove the back and battery and plug the charger into the phone and plug it into the wall.  Does the charging light come on?  If it does its a battery issue and the battery needs to be replaced.  If it doesn't than it is a phone issue and we would need to take a look at phone replacement options."

This works for me. No battery in the phone, just plugged into the wall and the charging light came on.

which brings me to the next thing. I ordered a new battery off amazon! Same kind.A Li-Ion Battery 3.8V BL-53QH. I got my battery from BinTek. Now I got home today and opened my battery ASAP and threw it in my phone.

I held the power button, and felt a vibration like it was going to start up. But... nothing... nothing after that.

Spectrum won't turn on or charge...help! | Android Forums -> says "Can you get into download mode? Pull your battery. Remove the USB cable. Replace your battery, hold down Vol up + Vol down. Plug your USB cable in. Screen should turn on and say Download Mode. If you can get this far, your phone is recoverable. If not, then you will most likely need to take it into Verizon."

Which I can. I can get into download mode.

So please guys! Help me out! I'm stumped. I took it into my local Verizon store and all they want me to do is buy a new phone, but I just want this one to work again.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Spectrum 2 wont turn on
Snn5
Legend

Download mode is not going to help anything here that might be battery related.  All you can do is let the battery charge overnight.  If the phone won't come on with the old battery or the new one, then that might be it.  Fortunately you can buy another phone new for a reasonable price, especially if the Spectrum was enough for you, there are plenty of slightly better phones around $100-150 and even less on 3rd party resell sites.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
logandude60

two days no replies. Smiley Sad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We are here for you. I know how important this is and will get started. I'm sorry for the shock of all of this. If you are in that menu and you see a reboot option please select it. If not, try plugging into a computer with the charge cord to usb and see if you can transfer files. The screen may just be out. See if you can back your media up. If all else fails, try this final step. I hope that you information is backed up: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-49821/. We will be here if you need more assistance.
BobbyN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
logandude60

Thanks for the reply, Bobby N. So i've tried everything you've suggested.

The only screen i can get to is the Download Mode. There's only an image. it says "Download mode. DO NOT UNPLUG the device until the process is complete."

My computer can not recognize my phone anymore.

And... every time I try the hard reset button combination, ( Vol Down + Power ) nothing shows up...

If a hard reset would fix it, would the verizon techs at the verizon store be able to do an easier hard reset than I could?

Or is this phone just unsalvageable

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Download mode is not going to help anything here that might be battery related.  All you can do is let the battery charge overnight.  If the phone won't come on with the old battery or the new one, then that might be it.  Fortunately you can buy another phone new for a reasonable price, especially if the Spectrum was enough for you, there are plenty of slightly better phones around $100-150 and even less on 3rd party resell sites.

0 Likes