LG Spectrum 2 ringtones question
chickamom

I purchased some ringtones from PhoneZoo and had them sent to my phone.  That went fine, except the ringtones went into the internal memory and are now showing up in my music library.  I want to be able to select them as customized ringtones for my contacts, but they don't show up in my list of ringtones.  Plus, I'd prefer to not have them in my music library and have them be part of the play/shuffle. How do I get them to show up as ringtones rather than songs?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum 2 ringtones question
chickamom

Never mind - I got it figured out. 

0 Likes
dalemcginnis

Could you tell me how you did it.  I have that problem, my ringtones play in the music library

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Create folders on your SD card or internal storage (if you have it) named alarms, notifications, and ringtones and place the appropriate files in the appropriate folders and they shouldn't show up in the stock music player.

0 Likes
dalemcginnis

That's where I have them, in the ringtones folder and they still show up.  I even emptied the music folder of everything and the music player still shows the ringtones

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

That sounds like you are using a third party music player, most of which give you the option of selecting which folders to find music in.

0 Likes
dalemcginnis

No, I was using the default music player that came with the phone, but your comment did give me an idea.  I installed a music player app and now I can play my songs without the ringtones.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Perfect!

0 Likes