LG Spectrum 2 - Maps won't connect to data
LAW52

I have a brand new LG Spectrum 2.  Still ironing out the transition kinks but, I cannot use the pre-installed (and non-removeable) google maps app (which I loved on all my other phones)!!

The error says "you must have an active data plan to use this app

Well, with Verizon, as we all know, you cannot have a Smartphone without a data plan!  Chrome Browser kept giving me an expired certificate warning and would not load either!  Is Android not speaking to Google these days? 

Lately cannot access Google Play Store either, unless I go through the web browser.

What can I do to fix this glitch?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Spectrum 2 - Maps won't connect to data
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

LAW52 wrote:

... The error says "you must have an active data plan to use this app

...  Lately cannot access Google Play Store either, unless I go through the web browser.

It may seem a crazy question, but is the phone activated?  Can you make and receive calls?  Check the type of data network you are connected to and be sure it is CDMA/LTE.  Are you using the browser on wifi?  Turn off your wifi connection and see if you still have a data connection... 

Make sure the SIM card is seated fully  - maybe just removing it, powering down the phone, reinserting it and then powering the phone on again will be enough to re-establish the network connection.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

Do you have a Google acct or a G mail account ?

And if so..log in and go to Play store.

0 Likes
LAW52

right...that doesn't solve the "not connected to data" issue...

0 Likes
BOBD1950
Contributor - Level 1

If you’re having trouble accessing Google Play because you don’t know your username or can’t remember your password

You’ll may  need to go through the account recovery process

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

LAW52 wrote:

... The error says "you must have an active data plan to use this app

...  Lately cannot access Google Play Store either, unless I go through the web browser.

It may seem a crazy question, but is the phone activated?  Can you make and receive calls?  Check the type of data network you are connected to and be sure it is CDMA/LTE.  Are you using the browser on wifi?  Turn off your wifi connection and see if you still have a data connection... 

Make sure the SIM card is seated fully  - maybe just removing it, powering down the phone, reinserting it and then powering the phone on again will be enough to re-establish the network connection.

0 Likes
LAW52

Turns out the phone had some sort of serious glitch, to the extent that I

was told to not only return it but, replace it with an entirely different

phone! None of the VZW store staff thought it was as good as the reviews

claimed and steered me to a Motorola device.

0 Likes