LG Spectrum 2 Firmware Update Installed - Now Phone Won't Load
cjlmoss

Upon checking my phone this morning, I notice a message on my phone stating that there was a firmware update to install.  I download the firmware and let the phone restart... except now, my phone won't restart.  It goes through the LG logo screen, then the Verizon logo screen, and the Verizon screen is on a constant loop.  I left it alone for an hour and it's still doing it.

Other than throwing the phone against the wall since it's doing this days before my wedding when I need my phone the most to be in touch with friends, family, and vendors, does anyone have any suggestions to at least get my phone functioning again?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Spectrum 2 Firmware Update Installed - Now Phone Won't Load
cjlmoss

And before anyone suggests the most obvious thing: yes, I took the battery out, left it out for a while, and then restarted the phone.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

All of Verizon's devices come with a one year warranty, have you called to get a replacement?

0 Likes
cjlmoss

I went into a Verizon store and they took care of the warranty replacement pretty quickly.  However, this lead to an even bigger issue.

As previously mentioned, my wedding is this weekend which means I need the phone active to be in contact with vendors and out of town guests.  The wedding itself is out of town so I'll be leaving my residence on Friday.

I asked about shipping.  I was told it would be sent overnight.  When the receipt printed out, it said 2 Day.  I, again, inquired about the shipping and offered to pay the extra it would cost for the phone to be sent overnight.  I was assured, in spite of what the receipt said, it would be sent overnight.

Now that I'm off work and had a chance to check my email (since I obviously can't check it on my phone), the tracking information says it was sent FedEx 2 Day and that it will arrive at my house on Friday.  I also can't temporarily use an older phone to switch my number to for the next few days since an action has been taken on my phone line.

I am absolutely livid right now.  I cannot fathom how poorly the rep at that store handled the situation.  She basically refused to hear my concern and flat out lied even after I offered to pay the cost of overnight shipping.

0 Likes
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Yeah, some of the reps aren't very good.

0 Likes