LG Lucid, overheats, won't stay charged, 2nd one I've owned.
arw004

I had the first one for a little over a year when one day it decided to overheat, so I took out the battery. Let it cool down, turned it back on, noticed the battery was nearly dead. So I plug it in, it won't charge, and discharges in under in owner. I talk to verizon, they send me another, worked for about two months, maybe, and now it's doing the same thing. I just got on campus for my senior year, and I need a reliable phone, and this isn't. Worst part is, I can't par for a better phone and my term isn't up until may. I don't want to pay $100 a month for unreliable internet, and a phone that chooses when it wants to work, which seems to be very rare when it actually remains reliable and usable.

I need answers or something, because this really is crap.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid, overheats, won't stay charged, 2nd one I've owned.
NancySHaber

Same problem with motorola droid.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We want you to enjoy reliable performance from your device arw004! What is your zip code? Is this happening mostly indoors? If the device has difficulty gaining a signal it can drain the battery faster and can become warmer. Have you tested the device in multiple zip codes? How about a different charger? We can figure this out!

JonathanK_VZW
VZW Support
Follow Us on Twitter@VZWSupport

0 Likes
arw004

I would like to enjoy my device at some point too. Currently 45750, I bought it and used it for several months in 43055, as well as 43783 and 45750, even 43706. Lots of areas, but within the same three near counties, mostly. The device was fine in all these places, even Mexico and Alaska, and then come July of 2013, it decided to just stop working altogether. I never got an answer to what happened to it, but I got a new phone and no word of a problem that I had anything to do with. It's the original charger I got with the phone. And now it's starting to do the same thing and I don't have the money to terminate service on a phone I pay a hundred dollars a month to not use.

It needs resolved, or a new phone needs to be administered or something because honestly, as much as individuals pay for these devices, they should be reliable, not something someone gets sucked into and then constantly duped.

Please figure something out.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I appreciate your reply, arw004! We are dedicated to offering you the very best wireless experience. I would like to review your account options in detail. Please follow me back and send a Direct Message with your name and mobile number. I look forward to getting this resolved once and for all!

Thank you,

YaleK_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWsupport

0 Likes
arw004

Just sent the message, thank you!

0 Likes