LG Lucid not receiving incoming calls
dawson262

I've been having issues with my LG Lucid - it hasn't been receiving maybe about 20% of incoming phone calls. If someone leaves a voice mail I will get that, otherwise I have no idea someone is calling me. I have plenty of service - besides I live in a city so dead spots are not common. I have also made outgoing calls that people have no record of receiving. Anyone else encounter this/ know if there is a way to fix it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid not receiving incoming calls
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dawson262. Missed calls (while deeply regrettable) are far less likely an indicator of a problem with the phone than they are with network coverage and signal. I can see that you reside in a city, but what you're experiencing can happen even in densely populated metropolitan areas like New York City, Chicago, and Los Angeles. And all traces back to where the device is at the time the call comes in (underground, elevators, structures made of dense materials, stadiums, amusement parks).

That said, let's have a look at your area. What zip code are you in? Do you notice any patterns in location when these calls are missed? Are the calls from the same party(ies) each time?

DionM_VZW
Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
dawson262

No pattern. My husband also has Verizon and hasn't experienced it. Missed calls come from all different people - cell phones, land lines, etc. Sometime the same people can get through, sometimes they cannot. It happens when I am in my apartment, outside, in the store, at work, etc. When I get the voicemail (without the phone ringing) the service indicator on my phone looks fine.

My zip is 90034

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi dawson262,

Thanks for the additional information, let's look into this! When did the problem begin? Have you recently downloaded any new applications?

Thanks for your contribution to our community forums,

AyaniB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
myphonedoesn_tworkrig

I am having a similar problem. For the last week I haven not heard the phone ring but have received voice mails. In my case it's 100% of phone calls. My son found a setting to make it go directly to voice mail but he turned that off so it should be fine now. But I am still not receiving phone calls.

0 Likes
mirymouse

Having problems reciving and making calls on all 3 of our lines, when our phone rings they dont hear us on the other end and we get a blank sound on our line.  We also have a friend with verizon service and she is having moments as well.  Phone will ring but blank on the other end. We have the S4

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Lets get those calls rolling! Which model Android do you have? Do you receive calls in other areas? What is your zip code? Here to help!

Thank you,

LenaA_VZW

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Those are not moments we want any of our customers to have, mirymouse. What zipcode are your phones being used in that seems to have all these issues? Do all 4 of the lines you've mentioned use LG Lucids or different model phones? Does this happen on every call or just with certain people?

JenniferH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter www.twitter.com/vzwsupport

0 Likes
myphonedoesn_tworkrig

I have a Lucid LG. I live in 92129. My phone has only rung ONCE in the last 10 days or so and it was in Kirkland, WA. I've not had problems with this before at all.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thanks for the additional information! Have you attempted to disable call forwarding by dialing *73 (send) ? Is this issue indoors only?

EfrainM_VZWSupport

0 Likes