Re: LG Lucid black screen when making a call
maniv

I am also having this problem of my screen going black, I have tried all suggestions to no avail, please help!

0 Likes
KPJB

I gave up, went to a samsung stratophere, problem solved

0 Likes
tonygump

I started having the same problem since the ICS update [never before]. Randomly when a call starts the screen goes black & the 4 navigation keys at the bottom do not work until the call ends. Tried everything - none of the advise above fixes it.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You have tried Menu | Settings | Call | Show dialpad, and selected "All calls"? I only have Voicemail / Toll-Free checked because I can shake the phone and the display does come back on.

First thing I would do, I'd download 1Tap Cache Cleaner, select all cache's and clear them. I'd shut down phone and if Lucid allows you to remove battery, would do that for a few minutes.

Assuming that doesn't help, I would go to the Menu setting above for All calls.

I would also try Customized number (and enter number from a phone you'll do a test from), and see if that works.

Now you say it Randomly goes to black... not all the calls you receive this happens on right? What is your setting with Call | Show dialpad?

Since upgrading your Lucid to ICS, did you perform a Factory Data Reset to see if that fixed the problem?

0 Likes
tonygump

After thinking more about the problem and trying different things here's more precise info. It happens when I dial and the phone is lying flat [horizontal] or less than about a 45° angle.

At least I know how to prevent this.

Hopefully this will help tech support to replicate & fix the problem.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

You want to register this problem I think with LG, not just VZW. Yeah, my phone (Spectrum) can be in any position, orientation and the behavior is the same, and I can wake the screen when needed with a shake.

0 Likes
tonygump

Thanks for your help!. I sent a message to LG support on the issue. I wish all I had to do was shake it. I would not be here.

0 Likes