LG Lucid Overheating
jimmc

I have had my LG Lucid for about 2 months. Suddenly, a couple of days ago it started getting hotter to the touch. Nothing else has changed about it - such as battery usage. Anyone else had this happen?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid Overheating
Ducky19

I've had this happen when I was using as a mobile hot spot, but not any other time.   Not sure why

0 Likes
songsbrat

Mine has overheated many times.  I've had to pull the battery and let it cool down.  Also, many, many times I've found that the battery isn't discharging after being on the charger.  By the time I notice and restart the phone, the battery is almost dead.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Hi songsbrat!

I don't want you to find that your phone has no power and the battery is overheating! I'd love to help! Is this happening at a certain time, do you notice? For example, is it happening after extensive use, or is it random? Have you have the opportunity to try a different battery? We need to determine if the issue is with the battery or the device. Please allow me to ask you a few questions, to see if we can figure this out:

1) Are you using a car mount?
2) Did this occur during normal usage?
3) Did you connect a charger? (CLA, USB cable, or travel charger)

Thanks in advance,

Christina B
VZW Support
Follow uson Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
songsbrat

It seems to happen after I take it off the charger at home and the battery icon doesn't show that it is dicharging. That's usually when I notice that the icon hasn't changed for hours...when the phone is hot. Now I check for the icon and make sure it shows discharge. If not, I restart the phone.

0 Likes
brittxline

My LG Lucid, seems to not bd holding charge and it keeps over heating this is the 3rd phone now, that ive been through!

0 Likes
Not applicable

My phone only gets warm when I have lots of apps running at once or doing something like streaming video or using GPS for extended periods. Are you sure you are turning off all apps when you are done with them? A lot of times exiting an app is not actually shutting it off. There is an app called App Manager you should have on your phone that will tell you what's still running. Also I have background data disabled. And I have auto update on apps shut off. If you area doesn't have 4G you might want to shut of mobile data when you're not using it and that will drain the battery and make the phone warn since the phone will be constantly looking for a 4G signal. Also don't leave things like GPS or bluetooth on all the time. I've had my Lucid for 8 1/2 months now and so far so good.

0 Likes
mat2356

My LG Lucid has been overheating for several weeks now, almost every day (it's less than a year old). I thought it was happening only when the battery was close to dying but today it happened in my pocket while the battery was ~75% full (no apps running). It gets so hot I am concerned about it burning me, lithium ion battery fires are no joke.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

brittxline, no worries, I'm here to give you a battery jump and your frustrations with this equipment issue. Have you tried uninstalling unwanted applications in Settings>Manage Applications> tap the application> tap Uninstall application. Once you have uninstalled a few applcations, power your phone off/on.

If this issue persists, your phone is covered under a one year manufacturer warranty. Is there any physical or liquid damage on your device? If not, then we can provide you with a replacement device and warranty battery, as well. We want you to have a working device even if it takes a 4th replacement to get this equipment issue resolved. We're here for you. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
VZW Support
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSUPPORT

0 Likes