LG Lucid Messaging Won't Open
meghart1

Hi,

I've owned a LG Lucid Droid phone for a little over half a year now. It's my second time replacing this phone. When people will text me more than once at the same time, my messaging will freeze and shut down. This happened today, and my messaging will neither open, nor send/receive any messages. I am unable to even see my messages, because when I open messaging, it opens to a blank, white screen.

How can I fix this? My messaging app has essentially shut down. I tried going to Settings -- App -- All Apps -- and tried to clear data, but that did nothing. Still won't open.

Does anyone know how to fix this? Please help Smiley Sad

-Meg

Labels (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG Lucid Messaging Won't Open
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Meg,

Try a system cache clear - it won't erase any data or settings, but may clear up any odd behavior such as the messaging glitch you are experiencing.

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

Hope this helps!

View solution in original post

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Meg,

Try a system cache clear - it won't erase any data or settings, but may clear up any odd behavior such as the messaging glitch you are experiencing.

Power down phone

Hold volume up/down & power simultaneously until you see the Boot Mode Selection Menu

Use volume down to navigate to 'Recovery', use volume up to select

Should see screen with triangle and exclamation point next to an Android

Press volume up/down simultaneously to go into system recovery

Use volume rocker to navigate to 'wipe cache' and use power button to select

Once finished, use volume rocker to navigate to 'reboot system now' and use power button to select

Hope this helps!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

meghart1, we don't want this messaging issue to be an ongoing problem for you. Have you downloaded a 3rd party messaging application from the Google Play market? If so, we recommend that you uninstall it. Additionally, you will also need to delete any unwanted text messaging conversations from your device and power it off/on to soft reset. Keep us posted.

LasinaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes