LG Lucid Dropping Home Wifi
m322

Hello all,

I have an LG Lucid and am connecting,or rather was connecting to my home Modem/Router combo that I have through Xfinity (Comcast)

I had no issues connecting to it until recently.  It will show the signal as being excellent, as it does on all my other devices, but as soon as it connects it drops the connection and says "Avoided Poor Internet Connection"

The phone connects to all other Wifi spots but not my home. Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid Dropping Home Wifi
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried rebooting your router?  Or delete the connection in your phone, and then have the phone re-detect the router re-enter the password as if it is a new connection.

0 Likes
m322

Thanks for the reply SuzyQ, I have had the phone "forget" the connection multiple times. to no avail.

I have yet to reboot the router, mainly because my laptop, Roku, and my daughters Wii all connect just fine to it and it's only the phone that is suddenly acting wonky(for lack of better term)

However, that's my next step.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

@m322,

Being able to connect to your home WiFi is a great way to help manage your data usage on your cell phone, so I know how important it is to get it connected!

I see you've done some great troubleshooting already. As SuzyQ mentioned, the next step would be to reboot the router. It doesn't seem to be an issue with the device's WiFi connection since your able to connect to other WiFi with no problems.

Keep me posted if the issue persists after rebooting the router.

JohnB_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

0 Likes
m322

Well, that didn't work.

Factory reset on the Lucid is the only other thing I can think to do.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

That's certainly an option, m322. You may want to check with your home internet provider first to see if there's an update available for your router. Since your phone successfully connects to all other WiFi hotspots, a reset to your phone is most likely not the best path. You can also try to remove http://vz.to/17eblmY then readd http://vz.to/187H42W your connection too.

Thank you
JenniferH_VZW

Please follow us on Twitter @vzwsupport

0 Likes
m322

Thanks for the reply Jennifer,

I did in fact do this step already, several times in fact.  However, it still does the same thing.

Recognizes the connection, signal strength is excellent, connects, then immediately drops it saying

"Avoided Poor Internet Connection"  If I do not manually turn off my WIFI while at home, it will constantly run through the same process over and over and sometimes my phone itself will reboot on it's own.

Marc

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank so much, m322! This does seem pretty odd.
Did you complete all steps including the hard reset? If so, please reply to my direct message with your mobile number & software version.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes
TamaraH_VZW
Verizon Employee

m322,

I got a reply today from our team.

Please uncheck the following option and try again;
- Settings > Wi-Fi > (menu) > Advanced > Avoid poor connections (Don't use a Wi-Fi network unless it has a good internet connection)

Once you have done this, please let us know how it works for you.

TamaraH_VZW

0 Likes