LG Lucid 4G, Wifi, and reception issues with battery drain
PumaMan

I have been having issues with my LG Lucid's 4G, WiFi, and phone service for about the past week. I can be right next to be my husband who has the same phone as I do, an LG Lucid, bought on the same day, and he has 4g while I only have 3g (and my only options are 1g and 3g), and has more bars of service. If we are at home, he has more WiFi reception even when we are sitting one foot away from the wireless router, and more bars of service. My battery during this time has hardly been lasting 10 hours, even with minimal use. I have looked in my settings and data is enabled, I don't want to enable international data because we are so close to the border that sometimes Verizon thinks we are in Canada although we are not (even with GPS and all location services turned on, which is another issue).

Is a hard reset my only option? I have also tried removing and replacing the battery and SIM card with no improvement. When I restart my phone, sometimes it seems to find 4g, but then it goes away after a few seconds.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
LG Lucid 4G, Wifi, and reception issues with battery drain
demmo86rt
Champion - Level 3

Sounds like your phone may be having antennae issues.  You could try calling CS and see if you can do a warranty exchange, though they are very hesitant on doing that for reception issues.  Most likely they will have you do a hard reset first to see if that helps.

0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid 4G, Wifi, and reception issues with battery drain
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Check your data network settings--are you both using the same things?  Try setting it to LTE/CDMA rather than Global and see if that makes a dfference.

0 Likes