Re: LG Lucid 2 Software Update Today
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

It took some digging and guesswork, but I found an active link to the Lucid 2 update. Hopefully the PDF links work too. I haven't tested them yet.

http://support.verizonwireless.com/system_update/lucid2.html

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

susanmary428
Enthusiast - Level 2

Thank you, Ann154!  Yes, the PDF worked and gave exactly the information I've been looking for.  It looks like this was just minor updates to some apps and for stability.

Next time, I'll be sure to post as a question so we get some official VZW response, also.  This forum isn't TOO intuitive!

susanmary428
Enthusiast - Level 2

mlawrence801, Ann154 has graciously answered our question below with her link.

But to further put your mind at ease, I did complete the update as soon as my phone notified me of it, and without yet knowning what it would do.  Knock on wood, I haven't experienced any problems or huge differences.  Based on the PDF that you can view on the link that Ann154 has shared, this update seems relatively minor.

I think you're safe to allow your family to update their phones, and update yours as well.

Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

I'm glad that link I found gave you the information you were looking for.

After a year and a half of this community switch to it current forum platform, I'm still finding features I missed before. The biggest thing is to read the descriptions and options on the various post creation and other areas of the community.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
garyVestal
Contributor - Level 1
0 Likes
Guamja

Small update

Key Device Enhancements:

1. GMS version has been updated to version R6

2. Toast popup has been added (shows when widget is not resizable)

Issues Resolved:

1. Auto-correct and touch response on the LG and Google keyboards work correctly

2. Calendar events now sync automatically

(copied from LG Lucid2 update info sheet)

0 Likes
Gb755c

What is the GMS?

0 Likes