LG Lucid 2 Software Update Today
susanmary428
Enthusiast - Level 2

Hi, everybody!

There was an Android update pushed to my phone this afternoon and I'm just wondering if anyone has information on what the update includes.  I can't find anything online about it, even at the Android blogs I read.

It is Android version 4.1.2 (I don't think this is different than what I saw before) and kernel version 3.4.0-g83ab5bc.

Anyone have insight, or a link to a place where I can read about it?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Lucid 2 Software Update Today
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

There should be a link to "Software Update" on this page http://support.verizonwireless.com/clc/devices/index.html?p=6613&m= if there is an update available. I don't see one there yet. Hopefully they will post the change log soon. You can also check the the press releases in the News section of the About Us link at the top of the page.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
mal138
Enthusiast - Level 1

The firmware update notification says you can visit www.verizonwireless.com/lucid2support for information on the update, but that URL sends me to a page that doesn't exist!  How nice.

PagaMike
Enthusiast - Level 1

Prior to the software update, my Lucid 2 was unable to connect to the old DSL wireless in my apartment.

After the update, the connection occurred with no problem

JadeCat95
Enthusiast - Level 2

I've been searching for what this update was as well. That's actually why I'm here, to see if there is anything here about it. So far, I've found nothing. You'd think there'd be a changelog somewhere or something.

fefexoxo
Enthusiast - Level 1

I really wanna know what's new....

0 Likes
mlawrence801
Enthusiast - Level 1

I would really like to know about this update also. I have been searching all over the web for something about the update I'm seeing on my LG Lucid 2?!? Please give me something I can read so I know what is going to happen to my Lucid 2 when I do hit the update button, it's scary not knowing what to expect lol. I first saw it yesterday when I turned my data on and ever since I have been looking everywhere I can think of online to find out about this update. I'm not a tech savvy chick lol but I have learned the basics from being a "smartphone user" for the last 4 years. Can someone from Verizon please please respond to me so I know what's going on? I told my husband and our daughter to not even go near the update screen until I give the clear They both just recently started using a smartphone (we all have the Lucid 2). Everything I have seen online is about the original Lucid and it's past updates, it's been really frustrating me for over 24 hours and I think my family is getting tired of my "obsessive researching" this topic and would love to have the happy go-lucky me back lol. Plus u don't know how painfully difficult it has been to tell a 13yo to not do something on her phone, I know she's itching to hit that update button just to see what will happen, it's a brutal task to prevent her from feeling that urge to just hit the button lol. I really would love some insight about this update, anything about it? Please? "Can u hear me now" lol. Thank u everyone

0 Likes
mlawrence801
Enthusiast - Level 1

To add to the reply I just posted about this: I already have gone to the website my phone instructed me to go to, plus the site Ann154 suggested (thank u Ann154), and also the www.verizonwireless.com/lucid2support (thank u-------_). Thought I should mention it. Please help, it's becoming annoyingly frustrating at this point Smiley Sad

0 Likes
mlawrence801
Enthusiast - Level 1

I was bumped out before finishing the editing on my reply,  the- ---- is meant to be a thank u to Mal138 for her suggestion, sorry for the mis-type and reposts because of it

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Unfortunately this discussion isn't marked as a question. The VZW reps that roam this community seem to only respond to discussions marked as questions and are unanswered.

Since it isn't marked as a question, it is unlikely the VZW reps will reply here.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes