LG Intuition Update being flagged as virus by Anti-Virus software
BlogShag

January 11, 2014

Today i tried to install the recommended update. When I synced my phone with my computer in order to get this task done, my anti-virus software on my computer wouldn't let me complete the task because it said the update contained a virus.

Infection Blocked

URL:          http://tool.xcdn.gdms.lge.com/dn/downloader.dev?file...

Infection:          Win32:Malware-gen

Relax, your anti-virus software just saved you from a virus.

So someone at logistics goofed or there is some sabotage going on somewhere along the chain of service here

Has anyone else had this problem??  Any help would be appreciated

And what am I supposed to do now. I constantly get notifications of an update available

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG Intuition Update being flagged as virus by Anti-Virus software
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you install the update through the phone without connecting it to a computer? This would be a Over The Air update (OTA) installation.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
BlogShag

We will see. I will try that.   If not, the phone will have to be reset. That's the only alternative the tech I spoke to on the phone said that would be available. 

So for anyone out there reading this, here's some words of caution:

If you have to reset your phone, back up any of the data you want to keep manually.  I wouldn't trust the back-up      assistant. I just wouldn't.

0 Likes
Intuitive_Bird
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not sure how to manually do this.  Having trouble with my phone since yesterday.  I've lost my keyboard!

0 Likes
BlogShag

Lots of problems with the software updating for the LG Intuition....

So, after all the answer is no, it doesn't work. When I try to download the update in a stand alone mode with an internet connection on to my phone without a computer, the software says I must connect my LG Intuition to my computer that has an internet connection. I don't want to do that, because that is when a virus hazard is flagged by my computer. 

This has been going on for weeks and weeks. Should I take my phone to a Verizon center? 

0 Likes
BlogShag

@Intuitive Bird, usually logging off and restarting the LG Intuition  solves that problem. This resets it. Try clearing the cookies, cache,  etc. This has to be done periodically with Google Android phones.

0 Likes