LG INTUITION UPDATE ISSUE INFO
JayJay910

THIS INFO EVERYONE SHOULD BE AWARE OF!!!!!!  THE UPDATE CAUSED ALL  THE SAME ISSUES AS THE ABOVE STATED!  I CALLED VERIZON TECH SUPPORT AND  WAS TOLD THEY HAVE CONTACTED LG AND ARE WORKING TO PUSH LG TO GET AN  UPDATED PATCH TO CORRECT THE SUPPOSED ISSUE WITH "THE LG UPDATE"

GUESS WHAT FOLKS...LG DOES NOT DO SOFTWARE UPDATES!!!

THIS  IS VERIZONS FAULT AND THEY ARE PUSHING IT OFF ON LG AS BLAME.  I  REQUESTED TO HAVE LG TECH SUPPORT ASSIST ME, THEY GOT ON THE PHONE AND  TOLD ME THAT THEY DO NOT MAKE THE UPDATES IN ANY WAY THE CARRIER DOES!   IT IS CARRIER SPECIFIC AND THAT MAKES TOTAL SENSE.  YOU WOULD NOT HAVE  VERIZON SOFTWARE AND UPDATES ON AN AT&T PHONE FOR EXAMPLE.  VERIZON  IS NOT TAKING RESPONSIBILITY FOR THE MISTAKE BUT CLAIMING THAT LG IS NOT  STATING WHEN THE PATCH FOR THE UPDATE DILEMMA WILL BE PUSHED THRU.   VERIZON LIED TO ME AND WILL LIE TO YOU ALSO, DONT LET THEM GET AWAY WITH  TELLING YOU THAT THE UPDATE WAS LG.  IT WAS NOT IT WAS THEM AND FOR  ANYONE CONCERNED PLEASE CONTACT LG TECH SUPPORT AT 1 800 793 8896 AND  THEY WILL TELL YOU!

DO NOT RESET!  IT WILL NOT WORK,  THE ONLY OPTION IS TO EITHER GET ANOTHER INTUITION PHONE VIA WARRANTY OR  WAIT FOR THE PATCH TO THIS UPDATE AND THERE IS NO ONE WHO WILL CONFIRM  IF OR WHEN IT WILL BE FINISHED. 

SORRY FOR THE BAD NEWS FOLKS, BUT HOPING TO SAVE SOMEONE ELSE SOME TIME.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG INTUITION UPDATE ISSUE INFO
Carter80

Sorry, you are wrong.

Google makes the OS. 

The hardware manufacturer customizes it to their specs. 

The carrier approves or denies the update.

This is how all android OS updates work, for any carrier.  In this case, LG customized google's open android ICS platform for their own use, VZW approved it after testing.  The test devices do not perform OTA updates, but a flashed update.  This update will work If the software update is flashed onto your phone, which only LG can do since they (as far as I know) have not released the file for users to flash themselves.  LG is offereing to have phones mailed to them for them to be flashed with the update manually.  How would LG be offering this if VZW is responsible?  Wouldn't VZW just send you to a store to update if they were responsible? The answer is simple...

Think (or look it up) before you freak everyone out and spread mis-information provided from 1 very misinformed LG rep. Information on the android OS update is available on countless forums, blogs, heck - its even on wikipedia.

I'm sorry for the issues with your phone, but placing blame on either isn't going to fix it.  VZW will replace your phone, LG will have you mail it in to fix.  Neither are perfect solutions, but alas, we do not live in a perfect world.  I hope your current issues work out to your benefit.

0 Likes
HockeyChick75
Enthusiast - Level 1

This is interesting...  an update was forced to my boyfriend's phone (was not given an option to delay it - which he surely would have because he was on 4g at the time and knows better than to do a data hog of an update until he got back on wifi) and now he has a very expensive paperweight.

Reports are popping up on various message boards and in response to the big publicity blitz of online articles for this update of how people are now stuck with useless devices.  The flash fix isn't working.  Verizon told us that either a) flash the device or b) send it to LG. 

This reminds me of (step in the way back machine) when I was one of the early adopters of the TMobile Sidekick and every time they did an OTA, I had a paperweight.  It was a pain in the rear, but I knew what I was getting into as an early adopter. You'd think that 10+ years later this sort of thing wouldn't happen.  That's not to say that there's not a phone here and there that gets screwed up when an update is sent...  I'm sure this happens quite often.  But this update has rendered an ENTIRE MODEL of phones useless, and neither Verizon or LG want to step up and do the right thing - get people working phones ASAP.  Instead it's blame, blame, blame.... 

One would assume that sufficient testing was done in both development and production scenarios and that this update was ready for release, blessed by whoever is involved in the vetting process.  What has happened is a ROOKIE MISTAKE...  with the technology today, there's absolutely NO REASON why something of this magnitude should occur.

travelinggranny
Enthusiast - Level 1

Well I have Insurance from them so I will just keep getting new phones until they fix the problem.

They cannot refuse me a new one if the old quits working.  So I suggest if you have the insurance

just keep insisting on a new phone and eventually they will get tired of replacing phones and

fix the problem. 

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Warranty and insurance replacements are going to be refurbished devices especially warranty ones. You might get a new one through insurance if they don't have anything else.

Have any of you considered a factory reset after the update? Does it clear out the issues you were having. When LG and Verizon test the updates, they are most likely applying the update on clean phones without any third party applications installed.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
jlvaz

A number of people did try the factory reset without any success.  My daughter has always bought the insurance and her phone quit working a couple of different times and Verizon told her that with the insurance you are only elgible for a replacement phone 3 times and no more. I have never gotten the insurance, so don't know anything about it.  Verizon did overnite my replacement phone to me, so it didn't seem to matter whether you had insurance or not.

0 Likes
HawaiiBKC
Contributor - Level 1

Warranty = Any issues that the phone produces, the phone is covered = No cost to the owner.

Insurance = Broken, stolen, water damaged, lost phones are covered = Deductible ranging from $25-175

Seeing as it wasn't your daughters fault, you could indeed replace the device under warranty.

0 Likes
tbarela

Unfortunately I was too late on reading this message. I updated and my cell was screwed up from that point on. Lost my

Camera and the ability to download apps. I will get a new phone. No more updating cell phones for me!

0 Likes
Bogdan
Enthusiast - Level 2

Regardless I have damage on hand of lost time and not working phone. The update to OS ( major update ), need backup, warning, and not be forced on customers. This irresponsible action resulted in loss of my goods. Verizon Attempting to help, instructed me to do factory reset. Unsuccessful in it attempts to solve the issue Verizon send me "Certified Like New"  phone that is very very used,  with sharp pieces of frame sticking to cat my fingers. I intend to make video on this and post to y-tube +++ places. This is not the way to treat customer that spend over $6000 in services from Verizon.

Issue not solved.

0 Likes