Re: LG G6
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Well if it sheds any light on how quickly LG updates software please note:

LG V10-released October 30, 2015 with 5.1.1

December 2015-Google released 6.0.1 an update version of 6.0 which fixed a lot of issues

March-April 2016- LG sent 6.0 to the LG V10

August 2016- Google released 7.0

As of April 2017-LG V10 does not have 6.0.1

Lately, LG is horrible at releasing software.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

MATTRO96, we don't want this to be an ongoing problem. Did you recently update the software or download a new application to your device?

LasinaH_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Geraldorigo, when getting a new phone we know that you want smooth sailing. Let's work together to get to the bottom of this. What specifically were you doing on the phone when you received this error? Have added any new apps, games or software?

LorenB_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
MATTRO96

Hello -

It's happened twice since owning the phone. The one time was within hours after a factory reset. No software updates have been available since I purchased the phone and I only download verified apps from the playstore. When I spoke with someone at LG, they gave me the impression that this was an issue they were hearing from multiple users with different carriers - they believe it to be an Android issue and not a device issue, and that a future software update should correct the problem - not sure though, so I think I'm going to play it safe and return the device in exchange for a Galaxy S8.

0 Likes
spe720

I too just got this message. Fortunately I was able to reboot after a soft reset. Sure hope this is software issue. After a bad V10 and replacement this may be it for LG phones for me.

For VZW Support.......

I was not doing anything on the device at the time. It had been in my pocket and I didn't even know it had occurred until I went to use it. No new App installs or any other changes in the device leading up to the failure. It had been running fine.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for that additional information MATTRO96. We certainly want you to have a phone that works the way it should so hearing that this is something we are waiting on a fix to update is progress. How long ago did you purchase your current phone?

CandiceH_VZW

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes