LG G6 - Delayed/no notifications, slow app updates, messages don't say sent.
kpops6786

I have a very weird issue with my LG G6.

All of a sudden my text messages just say "sending" instead of sent. However, the recipients are receiving the messages. This wouldn't be a huge problem except that anytime I restart my phone it resends ALL messages that say sending even though they've already been sent. Needless to say it's very annoying for anyone I've been messaging.

Another issue that happened at the same time is the Google Play Store app updates are incredibly slow or don't update at all (stuck on downloading).

And I receive notifications very late (like hours later) for apps such as SnapChat and Facebook. And I don't seem to be receiving notifications for emails (gmail). And sometimes my notification for a new email in my microsoft exchange account gets stuck and won't clear.

I've trying clearing the cache data for all apps as well as the system data. Did not work. I put my phone in to safe mode and it seemed to work for awhile. Then I would restart in regular mode and after a few minutes I had the same problem. Eventually I did a factory reset on my phone. It fixed the problem for a couple days but now I'm experiencing the same issue again.

Has anyone else experienced something like this? I thought it might be an app causing the issue (not sure what would impact all of these things) but after the phone is in safe mode for awhile I start to experience the text message issue.

I am using:

LG G6

Messaging+

Android Version 7.0

Android Security Patch Level April 1, 2017

Software Version VS98811A (Nougat)

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G6 - Delayed/no notifications, slow app updates, messages don't say sent.
juand_vzw
Verizon Employee

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. This isn't the phone experience we want you to have. I know it's important to have a phone you can rely on to get all of your notifications and message properly. I can definitely help fix this for you. So I can provide some more personalized assistance, I have sent you a Private Message.

0 Likes
Re: LG G6 - Delayed/no notifications, slow app updates, messages don't say sent.
Rocco17

Hi. I am having the same issue. Also... My always on display doesn't show the time anymore. It only shows that I'm connected to my Mazda. (which I'm not at night)

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

This is never the experience that we want you to have after updating your device, Rocco17. Have you completed any troubleshooting steps on your device to try to resolve this issue? Please go into your settings on your device and click the Reset to Default Settings. This will keep all of your applications and stores files but will restore the functions, sounds and brightness changes back to default.

JoshuaT_VZW

Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the Correct Answer button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!

0 Likes
FORTRA26

I have the same issues on my S7 edge. Can you please send me a private message answer too. Thank you!

0 Likes
FORTRA26

In addition to the problems you mentioned, my S7 edge does not install apps from the Play Store, unless I restart my phone every time it gets stuck on the install. Downloads but doesn't install. You experiencing that too>

0 Likes
kpops6786

I had the exact same issue. I did find an easier work around with the play

store however. If you go in to your application manager and force stop

Google play store and clear the cache, when you go back in to the play

store it will start downloading the next app update. At least mine did. It

was a pain in the butt, but easier than restarting.

As far as the notification and message sent delays, my phone seems to have

corrected itself. I did do a factory reset which fixed it for awhile but it

started again. Then about a week or 2 after that, I figured out the play

store work around, and then everything seemed to be wotking fine.

Could have been a bad software update or a bad app update. So maybr getting

all the updates play store completed fixed something.

0 Likes
FORTRA26

I find it interesting that the same problems are occurring on two different devices, your LG G6 and my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge.

I talked to Google Play store, Verizon and Samsung. Went to the Samsung Experience store at Best Buy and had a “re-flash”, did a Factory Data Reset. Did all the troubleshooting steps with stopping the play store, deleting the play store, clearing the data, clearing the cache, etc. to no avail.

In the end, none of that worked. To eliminate the duplicate texts, I deleted all of my texts from Message+ and switched back to just the base Message App. So far, no one has complained about dup texts as they did before. It was so weird. I had to restart my phone to install apps, knowing that restarting the phone sent duplicate messages.

As I mentioned, my updates will download, but then are not installing. If I have 4 updates ready to update, if I restart my phone, they will all finish the downloads and install. But when another update comes in, it is stuck on the install until I restart the phone.

Samsung said I could send my phone in for repair but that it would take two weeks, with no loaner. That is not a viable solution.

Right now I feel like a I a limping along, hopeful that nothing else breaks and also wondering if Samsung even cares about problems like this.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We understand the importance of having a working reliable phone Fortra26. When did you start experiencing issues with your phone? When then the apps updates or software get stuck are you connected to Wi-Fi? Has there been any changes made to your phone when issues began?

Thank You,

MichelleS_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Shasenmiller

I am having this same issue with my LG G6. My notifications can take up to 18 hours to come through.

0 Likes