LG G4 rear camera issue "unfortunately the camera has stopped working"
scoley

My phone is only a month old and the camera no longer works. Anyone else have this issue and know of a solution?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 rear camera issue "unfortunately the camera has stopped working"
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

I'm sorry to learn that your phone's camera is not working as intended Shari! This is very concerning. Let's get some more information so that we can explore options to resolve. When did this issue start? Did you recently installed/updated any particular application/software? Is there any physical/water damage to your phone? Are you able to use the camera with any other application (Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)?

AntonioC_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scoley

I noticed it about 5 days ago. Nothing out of the ordinary has happened to the phone at all - no recent updates, no physical or water damage. I can use the front facing camera, but when I try to use the rear facing one, the screen is black (with the camera click buttons at the bottom), and within seconds the app closes and I get the error message I indicated. I have tried accessing the camera from Facebook and Instagram and get the same result.

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Scoley

Having a working camera on a phone is very important. Have you tried to perform a factory reset? In a situation like this, it will help clear the software issue that is affecting the camera. Make sure you back up your device first.

Backup: http://www.verizonwireless.com/mobile-living/network-and-plans/verizon-cloud-storage/?lid=sayt&sayt=... cloud*

Factory Reset: http://www.verizonwireless.com/support/knowledge-base-160611/

ChristopherM_VZW
Follow us on TWITTER @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the _Correct Answer_ button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
scoley

I completed the factory reset today. Nothing has changed. The rear-facing camera still does not work.

0 Likes
scoley

At this point, what are my options? I have tried every suggestion provided with no solution to the problem.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Do you have OK Google setup? If so turn that off and try again.

0 Likes
scoley

I turned off OK Google. Camera still doesn't work.

0 Likes
Tidbits
Legend

Did you clear cache and data for the camera?

0 Likes
scoley

Yes, I did. Still no luck. Any other possibilities?

Sent from my iPad

0 Likes