LG G4 missing features?
rjotto81
Enthusiast - Level 1

why is the verizon LG G4 missing several features the same phone has on other carriers??

i am looking for smart settings:   Settings > Smart Functions > Smart Settings

it does not exist along with several developer functions.

i have purchased this phone. i own it. if i have been sold an inferior device missing several features, i should not be required to pay the same price as the phone with these features.

where in the verizon LG G4 can i enable this?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 missing features?
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

If you don't like it, you have 14 days from the date of purchase to return it.

Why did Verizon remove Smart Settings, User Profile and Theme features from LG G4?

rjotto81
Enthusiast - Level 1

ROFL that is honestly your solution to this problem?? you are fine with this? its a matter of what is right and what is fair. if EVERY carrier is charging the same price for a device and ONE carrier decides to strip out several functions and charge the same price as the others. that is wrong.

i paid for a LG G4. I did not get what I paid for.

Snn5
Legend

The LG G4 is supposed to come with 2 years free 100GB google drive storage. Where is it for Verizon...

Nevermind the supposed correct answer.  This thread serves to point out where some think you are wrong and others think you have a valid point.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

You could also switch carriers and continue to complain to Verizon where it will fall on relatively deaf ears. It's hard enough to get Verizon to answer questions correctly across the board via chat, phone call and store. You're unlikely to get a response that would please you.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Verizon won't tell you why or what, only that they sell only what is listed as a feature.  They won't specify the differences between what a manufacturer advertises and what they advertise.  They leave it up to the customer's trial and error and own research.  I have been told that Verizon has to pay extra for those LG features and that the cost of the phone increases with more features enabled.  Some of those features are useful to the customer, but detrimental to Verizon:  Smart Actions is one of them and any option that allows you to draw data from a source (WiFi) other than Verizon's network.  I have seen many Verizon G4s on Swappa for sale already.  The only way to get a complete phone as sold by a manufacturer is to get an unlocked or international version and find a carrier that supports it.

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

I would also like to point out the prices since you mentioned it:

At&t: $629.99

Verizon: $549.99

Sprint: $600.00

T-mobile: $599.76

You paid less for less features.

Snn5
Legend

US Cellular $510.00

Amazon       $600-630

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

Us Cellular is $510.00 after qualifying rebate of $100 (certain plan required) - regularly $610.00

Amazon doesn't collect sales tax and Prime rocks so I'd definitely buy from them. 

Snn5
Legend

$100 saved is $100 saved.

0 Likes