LG G4 and Nissan Rogue
drjrd2003

Hi....I'm so aggravated. Had my Nissan Rogue a month...old LG spectrum paired well and text option work...however upgraded 2 days ago..when through replacing existing device  accepted and it sorta worked. Could get calls but not txt...this coincidentally happened occasionally with old phone..anyway...the LG g4 paired but won't allow phonebook download....it did the first time but still wouldn't notify of txt...so paired...phonebook loaded ...txt not working....argh..so I have deleted it numerous times and reconnected...no luck so I was reading blogs and said individually entering the numbers....won't do that either. Nissan compatible phones list G2 and G3 so I can't imagine G4 wouldn't.....oh I did get the message of allwing dl of phone book the 1st few times...now nothing...help...do I just return my new phone before 10 Grace period is up...it accepted the phonebook download once so I know it can.....

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4 and Nissan Rogue
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It sounds like it's not compatible. Just because the previous versions are doesn't meant the newest one would be, especially if the Bluetooth Version changed on the G4.

This is the G3:

Supported Profiles: HSP 1.2, HFP 1.6, OPP, FTP, PBA, A2DP 1.2, AVRC 1.4, HID, PAN, MAP, HDP

version 4.0 / supports aptX

This is the G4:

Bluetooth®
4.1 BLE
0 Likes
drjrd2003

Well I was confused because it did do phonebook download the first attempt but txting wasn't working so that's why I deleted device and started over thinking a glitch. why would it download once?

0 Likes
MiiHere
Champion - Level 3

It's possible for it to work intermittently. I have a 2012 Toyota and my Droid II worked fine pairing it, but when I got the S5 it was really only good for providing data access.

It sounds like you already did it, but unpair from both devices. Restart your phone and I would turn the car off, back on, turn on Bluetooth, power it off once more and then back on just to make sure it's all refreshed. I'd also go into settings>application manager on your device, scroll left to ALL and find bluetooth and delete the cache, delete the data and restart your device once more.

0 Likes
Creenh30

I'm having the same exact problem. I have a Murano, and today was the first time that the text messages were read through the car. When I went to select the text message icon again it didn't work. Verizon, LG and NISSAN NEEDS to get thIS PROBLEM fixed. Every company is promoting the importance of hands free drivingbuttge phones aren't compatible with the vehicles.

0 Likes