LG G4: Google Voice as voicemail?
GMSLEE
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since there's no G4 specific forum, I'm posting this in general.  Please move this when/if there becomes a place for it...  Thanks!

So I got the new G4, and it's so far a great phone.  The only issue I'm having is setting up Google Voice for voicemail, as I've done with my phones in the past (HTC Thunderbolt, HTC Droid DNA, iPhone 4S, Samsung Note 4...).  Verizon's Visual Voicemail is a cool concept, but Google Voice does as much and way more for no monthly fee, so of course I want to keep using it, right?

Anyhow, I digress.  Has anyone tried and succeeded setting this up on the G4?  I haven't yet been successful with the steps that have worked on previous phones (basically let the app handle settings, even though it always says automatic configuration is unsupported by Verizon).

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G4: Google Voice as voicemail?
compreal

Hey were you able to get this to work?  I can't set mine up either.  GMSLEE

0 Likes
SuzyQ
Community Leader
Community Leader

Have you tried:

If you are having trouble configuring Google Voice as your voicemail service on Verizon you can make the switch manually by dialing these three activation codes:

• *71[Your Google Voice number]
  • *90[Your Google Voice number]
  • *92[Your Google Voice number]
0 Likes
mastakidd

If forwarding to your Google Voice # does NOT work -- it did not for me -- the SOLUTION is to access Google Voice settings where it now provides a DIFFERENT # to forward to, which works!  As you can see in attached image, the forwarding # they instruct is different that my GV # (bottom left).

Instructions to get correct forwarding #:

1 - Login to GV on computer

2 - Settings (gear icon)

3 - "Phones" tab

4 - Add phone/number OR it's already displaying from you adding it before

5a - Click the link to activate = correct forwarding # popup displays

OR

5b -'edit' button near #, and on next screen near 'forwarding options' click 'active' link = correct forwarding # popup displays

You're welcome!

0 Likes