Re: LG G3 with Lollipop is terrible!!!
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

Neat article, but I do not use any of those devices and I (along with many others) am experiencing the Wifi issues.  I may try the app they suggested to just see if it helps.  Also, Google can't point fingers just at Comcast because I have had the same issues (as others) with ATT.  Seems like Google is wanting to point fingers at someone else...main reason I am leaving Android devices as soon as I can.  But, again thanks for the article cause I am very anxious to try the suggested app.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

knoble3123 wrote:

My advanced settings ARE set to be on Wi-Fi when screen is locked.

You need to change this to NO so it will turn off Wi-Fi when the screen is off. This will allow the 4G connection to send the "heartbeat" to Google so that you push notifications are sent. When you turn your screen back on it connects back to the Wi-Fi. Try that then yell at me for providing help.

0 Likes
knoble3123
Enthusiast - Level 3

It worked!!!! Thank you SO MUCH!!! That app allowing me to connect to the router using IPV4 has completely solved my issue where nothing else did. I never had a problem connecting to the internet via router. The internet connected fine and was plenty fast using my router. The issue was connecting (syncing) with my email provider (Comcast) via the router. Now it connects just fine and I can leave both the Wi-Fi and the mobile data on and not have to toggle back and forth to allow my email to come in automatically. Thank you, thank you, thank you, and I hope it helps many others!!

Kathy

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

I guess we still have the missing notification issue such as hangout correct? To be more specific, hangout notification does not show up while the phone is connected to wifi ONLY.

3 problems and potential workaround:

1. battery drain ==> wipe cache

2. wifi slow ==> Use the app

3 missing notification on wifi ==> ???

0 Likes
ggnmg3703
Contributor - Level 1

I can honestly say the app worked for me as well and at least one good thing came out of that article.  Also, it did fix the notification issue.  As soon as I enabled the app I had a flood of notifications, including Hangouts. Smiley Happy  But, I must say this does not change my viewpoint about Google one bit.

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Awesome and I agree with you. This might well be my last Android phone too

0 Likes
DigitalDawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

Interesting attitude, "Nobody told you that you had to own one of these devices" - really? So because ineptitude and ill-executed concepts happen, we are not ever supposed to complain at all about them?

For the record, I tried to hold off the Lollipop upgrade, but then today the "upgrade" couldn't be denied and happened. I was willing to hold off and wait for the upgrade "fix," but wan't able.

And I did pay Microsoft $50 to "downgrade" from Vista to XP some years ago, because I couldn't use my computer in seminar presentations due to lags and delays. As I read further down in the blog, someone pointed out that a Microsoft manager in the Vista debacle got fired.

So....unless you're a shill for V, Android, or LG, either accept that people have good reason to complain, or don't visit the blog.

blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

And again, I don't think the fix will happen in the next coming month or 2....

0 Likes
MattAndroidWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 3

Maybe I am not understanding something here with this disable wifi when screen is off. What happens when the screen is on. I noticed if I am working on something and my screen is on, and wifi is on, I don't get notifications then either. So, that "fix" only works when the screen is off. If the  screen is on, then your are connected to WiFi again, and no notifications or sync.

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Except that it is a common problem whenever a software is released there are issues. This is a nice forum for expressing your complaints but we have to understand that by coming  here it is not the place to get a fix. Also, by the time we complain they powers that be are already aware of it. I have every faith that it will be fixed and, yes, it is taking entirely too long but we just have to wait. I don't like it either.

Maybe my comment came on a bad day but there are other devices available that will make phone calls and send text messages that are not smartphones. So, no, nobody has forced any one of us to own one of these devices. We chose that and we have to deal with it. I could also see if these problems were limited to one device but they're not. Each manufacturer is have issues with Lollipop.

0 Likes