Re: LG G3 with Lollipop is terrible!!!
knoble3123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Factory reset did not help my issues with email connectivity for POP3.

Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not getting any app or email notifications while on my WiFi

0 Likes
Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

No app no email notifications while on WiFi even after factory reset

0 Likes
BogoMIPS

I disabled the chrome upgrade in application manager. Solved all my wifi issues that the upgrade caused.

0 Likes
Evonsdad
Enthusiast - Level 1

The update is terrible. My phone is glitchy, it freezes constantly, wifi wont connect ... Too many issues. A great phone has has been made below average. Smh, having issues typing this comment. Disappointed long time customer

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

5 Months in, 3 phones later. I'm waiting for the manufacturer to go over the phone and fix it. When they have explicitly stated that there may be no fix until 5.1 is released.

At this point, if they send me back a broken as crap phone. Verizon needs to approve a contract cancel without ETF because this is beyond ridiculous to do to your customers.

0 Likes
MattAndroidWarrior
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same issue here. Its an issue with IPV6. If you don't have IPV6 setup a certain way from your ISP, you will get the WiFi sync issue. Its a problem with Lollipop, its just much worse on the Verizon G3 than the other carriers. Neither Verizon, or LG will admit there is a problem.

0 Likes
knoble3123
Enthusiast - Level 3

Can you tell me how to resolve the IPV6 issue with my router? I have been taking note and experimenting different places. I can connect to my Comcast mail via WiFi at Starbucks AT&T ISP, and Whole Foods (not sure who) but when I was waiting while getting work done at my regular auto shop, the email would not sync with their WiFi (Never had an issue there before) so I ask who their ISP is, and guess what? It’s Comcast. I have Comcast at home, too, so there you go. It’s Comcast, Verizon and LG that are not getting along!!!

Kathy

0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Kathy

If you see my previous posts, what I found is, G3 with Lollipop has wifi problems with Comcast routers (tried both Arris and Cisco). However, it is working fine with Aruba and Linksys routers. One interesting thing is if you use xfinity hotspot which also runs through those Arris and Cisco, G3 works fine. The conclusion is the phone does not work with the private wifi using those routers.

0 Likes
knoble3123
Enthusiast - Level 3

I use a Linksys router at home through an Arris Surfboard modem, nearly new, but older than the lollipop update (all was working fine before that)

Kathy

0 Likes