LG G3 with Lollipop is terrible!!!
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

Hi

My G3 worked fine with KK, then Lollipop changed everything. No notifications with Wifi, battery drain and wifi slow with Xfinity Arris Modem. Did a factory reset, only fixed the battery drain.

It is really NOT acceptable to reset your phone every time a system update is done. Can you imagine to reformat your HD, re-install OS every time you do a windows' update? Feel Lollipop is like Vista, hope google doesn't turn into Microsoft...

Labels (1)
Tags (1)
Re: LG G3 with Lollipop is terrible!!!
eddwina
Enthusiast - Level 1

I'm having an issue with the update as well on my G3.  I keep setting the sound and notifications to how I want them, but they automatically turn off shortly afterwards.  I Do Not want to reset.  Please fix this Verizon.

vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
blahblah,

Updates are meant to improve your phone not cause you headaches, so I totally understand how you feel.

I know that a hard reset can be frustrating and inconvenient, but in many cases needed after major software updates. Are you not getting any notifications while connected to WiFi or only for certain apps?

JohnB_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

There are many topics in this forum discussing this. You should search to find and read the suggestions that we have already provided.

blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

None of them have answers. Need a patch...

AFter the reset, still No notifications with Wifi

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3
0 Likes
blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

I read it and it does not solve the problem. People clearly stated that on the last few posts... People should not need to spend time researching the workaround of problems introduced by some OS updates. We are customers not engineers. The time people spent is wasted also since we need a software patch to fix it, no workaround is available.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

Nobody told you that you had to own one of these devices. We have seen the same issues with update to our computers for many many years. This should be nothing new.

They can do all kinds of controlled tests but until the masses have it there's no real way to tell what will happen. If I remember correctly there were bunches of threads where people threatened to leave VZW if Lollipop wasn't released. I knew why it wasn't but people complained and now it's here and people are still complaining. Get a clue.

blahblah_gc
Contributor - Level 1

I don't intend to offend anyone, and just stating the fact. I love VZ, been with them for more than 10 yrs, never threat to leave or anything. But again, this Lollipop update is really really terrible. It affects NOT only G3, Samsung, Nexus, Note, etc... except iPhones. If I remember correctly, the Windows Vista manager was fired after the fact.

0 Likes
ShanaK
Contributor - Level 2

Then you give people the option to update. If your one of the people out there crying for lollipop your welcome to it. The rest of us who didn't ask for lollipop and yet got horrendously screwed by it wouldn't be screaming.

I did nothing to deserve to have a broke phone for 4 months. Thats 1/3rd a contract year. That is not service. Not only are they not owning up to it, they are refusing to fix it.