Re: LG G3 sending same text multiple times
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you so much for testing that out, lmo2312. We definitely want to get your messages working correctly. We have sent further feedback to LG to look into this issue as well. We still want to continue to troubleshoot and locate a fix. Have you noticed if this happens with the same contact? Have you tried erasing your text message threads? 

DanielleR_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Jeffeyblue,

Having texts sent so many times of the same thing is quite troublesome, indeed. We are definitely here to help you with getting this message mystery resolved. What text app are you using on your phone? Is it the Verizon+ message app (red icon) or the stock text app that came with the phone? Is every text you send to everyone being received multiple times or is it just to specific people that this happens to? Were you able to check if the software is up to date on your phone & were you able to put the phone in Safe Mode for a few hours like asked from the previous representatives? With gaining answers to these questions, I’m confident that we can fix this for you. Thanks for any & all details that you can provide.

AliciaS_VZW
If my response answered your question please click the �Correct Answer� button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
lmo2312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I keep my message inbox relatively clean, but did delete some threads and it didn't help the situation as recipients still received multiple copies of messages. It happens with almost all of my messaging contacts as of now. Even restarting the phone and taking the battery out have not helped lately. There's a major lag, and even if i delete the text before it 'sends', recipients still receive many copies. I have also noticed recently that it does not appear my Gmail is updating as it should. The multiple messaging does not happen when I use the Google chat app, but since not everyone on my contact list uses that feature, I really need text messaging to work. My phone is not out of warranty as it is less than a year old, so would you recommend a replacement? I hate to take the time to visit a store for them to take the battery out and say they can't help any more than that.

0 Likes
dfol727

I am in the same boat with my LG G3.  My mom and fiance who are both Verizon customers receive multiple texts from me randomly.  I am on the latest software, don't clutter my phone and use the standard messaging app.  The issue just started happening early January for me. 

0 Likes
lmo2312
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm not calling it a solution yet as it's only been a day and a half, but I went to a VZW store and spoke to a human yesterday because I couldn't take it anymore. He suggested trying the Google Messenger MMS app and so far (fingers crossed), it seems to be working. It still appears there's a bit of a lag time when sending, but the few texts I've sent have been successful and single copies. So, this is something the folks in this thread may want to try!

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional information, lmo2312. We know your time is valuable and we want to help make sure this resolved as soon as possible. We unfortunately, do not have replacements in store. These are shipped from our warehouse through Customer Service. When you are using messaging apps, are you connected to wifi or 4G?

DanielleR_VZW

0 Likes
Rick_W

I too have been using Google Messenger for a couple days. What I notice is that Google Messenger can't always tell if the text was delivered and will time out with a message "Not sent. Touch to try again." but it doesn't seem to retry sending the text on its own. I suspect the default Messaging app and the Message+ app aren't getting an acknowledgement that the text was delivered and those apps and are retrying. Hence the multiple messages being sent. Question is why is this phone unable to see acknowledgements starting in late Dec 2015?

0 Likes
Metnix1
Enthusiast - Level 1

I have also experienced this issue for almost two,months now. Stock app, stock everything actually. It really is just completely random. I literally have had friends tell me to stop texting them until I get a new phone. I am downloading google messenger as I type this, but this is really ridiculous. This issue is posted all over the internet and yet still no fix. Vzw, you have failed me.

JayMac2k13
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same problem here, very annoying & no solution was given for my issue either.

0 Likes
Jillyxfun

My LG g3 is also sending multiple txt.  Everyone is getting annoyed with me.  Please let me know of they come up with a fix.  Thank you!

0 Likes