Re: LG G3 lollipop update - no app or email notifications while on WiFi
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

Here's the thing though. You probably accept that when it doesn't work with your tv's requirements, or your computer's...so why not your phone, which ALSO uses software to manage the hardware connection?

0 Likes
YouKnowEvin
Enthusiast - Level 2

caecilia97I I surely do not.

I pay too much money for things to not work as anticipated/advertised. I either return it for a functional product or have someone come out and fix it. I expect no less from my phone companies.

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

So everything you buy works exactly as you want it to with no configuration?

I'm sorry, I don't buy that.

0 Likes
YouKnowEvin
Enthusiast - Level 2

caecilia97 there is a difference between "no configuration" and "no setup".

Everything requires some level of set up. But, I don't expect Samsung to release a tv, and when something is wrong with the tv...rather than inspecting the issue they say: "maybe (you the consumer) should figure out the advances properties of your cable box and modify the configuration"....no, I expect Samsung to make a TV that is compatible with my cable box, or they provide firmware updates to the TV with are compatible.

Not expect the end consumer to modify the configuration of a third party device.

And however little you don't buy it, as consumers we should have higher expectations of businesses or else they will continue to take advantage of the consumer. It is our money they require, we should not bow down to their inability to create satisfactory products.

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

But the addition of IPv6 is not an issue. It's an evolution in addressing to make sure there are enough to go around. The requirement for more IP addresses has literally nothing to do with Samsung, or Verizon or Google. If you update something to newer software, you might have to change configurations.

Do you check the firmware on your router? It may have an update to make the transition easier. But this isn't expecting the consumer to modify anything. It's expecting the consumer to learn how their stuff works.

Come on, now.

0 Likes
YouKnowEvin
Enthusiast - Level 2

caecilia97 sorry for being on a soapbox - I'm just dislike consumer abuse by companies, and I don't like how as consumers we're expected to lower our standards and accept mediocrity.

0 Likes
Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

Well now it doesn't do receive anything under any Wi-Fi. Second factory reset and nothing. This is ridiculous

0 Likes
YouKnowEvin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Mayhem76, don't waste your time with factory resets. I've tried that 3-4 times. It's a "wifi syncing bug" that is specific to Lollipop. It has just not been addressed.

Like caecilia97 said, you can modify the IPv6 setting on your router, but that is not a practical option when your connected to public WiFi such as a coffee shop or at work.

In the meantime. Just have to pretty much manually open apps when you think you have messages, or randomly disconnect from wifi to force sync over data, then reconnect to wifi once you receive notifications.

Until the issue is fixed through lollipop, these is no "cure all work around". As long as you're using data Verizon is fine (they get money) - I don't see them being in a hurry to contact Google/Android to fix the issue with WiFi syncing.

Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

@YouKnowEvin you are right, waste of time, and they would just give you a refurbished phone same model that will have the same problem most likely...ridiculous.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mayhem76, and everyone experiencing this issue; I appreciate you all trying this, as well as for all that you have done thus far. 

Just in case, to test would you please try connecting to your ISPs wifi using their available WiFi App to see if that will help temporarily? (Ie Xfinity Wifi or TWC WiFi Finder; etc, if available?

Also, if you can all provide this info for us it would help out.

- Have you tried connecting to WiFi using Safe Mode?
- What make/model router being used?
-The speed of your ISP's connection.
-Your Wireless set up details (Encryption Type, Broadcast Frequency, and channel.

Thank you everyone for your help.

NicandroN_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes