LG G3 lollipop update - no app or email notifications while on WiFi
Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

After the lollipop update, while on my WiFi xfinity router, no apps or emails push notifications come through and does not update Facebook feed. I already did a factory reset on my LG G3 and reset my router to no effect. Please help

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 lollipop update - no app or email notifications while on WiFi
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Lets ensure you're able to fully utilize your device when on Wi-Fi. To confirm is it only the notifications that are not coming through or are the e-mails themselves not appearing when heading into the e-mail app ( and other data services) ? Do you currently have advanced calling activated on the line? Tap Settings > Advanced Calling > Enabled when check mark is present.

YosefT_VZW
Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport
If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

it's both the app notifications and the emails. My other devices work fine on my WiFi and my LG G3 works just fine while on a friend's WiFi but not while at home

0 Likes
YouKnowEvin
Enthusiast - Level 2

Verizon Wireless Customer Support, @YosefT_VZW

I do not see how "advance WiFi calling has an impact on the issue with account syncing. I, and many others having an issue where applications, those native to android and third party apps, and not syncing automatically in the background when the phone is connected to WiFi.

As a result, we are not receiving notifications for many applications while our phone are connected to WiFi. This is an issue with devices that have been upgraded to Lollipop. In order to receive updates from applications, you either have to open the application and force it to sync OR disconnect from WiFi.

I've seen this to be called the "WiFi syncing bug" that was at issue in lollipop prior to the release, but was not fixed.

Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

no I don't have advance calling either never did

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep
Mayhem76, appreciate this great info, and all the troubleshooting you have done. If you disconnect from your home SSID, and connect to the XfinityWiFi variant/ SSID of your home internet, does your phone connect like normal/ all functionality return?

(When you connect, you will need to open your phone's web browser and go to : http://xfinity.comcast.net/ 
From there just sign in using your Xfinity account info. )

Let us know if this helps. Thank you!

NicandroN_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!
0 Likes
Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

unfortunately no. Same problem.

0 Likes
Mayhem76
Enthusiast - Level 2

I just noticed that every single google app including my verizon app show to be downloaded on 03/12/1970 in my phone. I checked the date and time in the settings to make sure they weren't the problem and they are fine. I want to say this might be the culprit although I can connect to other people's wifi without a hitch

0 Likes
caecilia97
Contributor - Level 1

Some of the issue there has been nailed down, I think, to the IPv6 settings on the device and router. If your router isn't set up to use IPv6, that can cause the failure with simultaneous connections. I'd check your router and make sure that it is set up to use IPv6. Let us know how it goes.

0 Likes
YouKnowEvin
Enthusiast - Level 2

caecilia97 I've read a few places where there has been an IPv6 problem. Which is understandable, but to release phone software that requires you to change setting on external hardware is unacceptable.

There appears to be a particular setting that was released in Lollipop that was not prevalent in KitKat, that is causing a wifi syncing issue. If it has to do with IPv6, it should be something that Google/Verizon should be looking to fix, not something that the end consumer should have to modify in order to fully use their device.

@NicandroN_VZW from what I'm seeing this is not an issue with WiFi or wifi settings/connection. It is a widespread issue with Lollipop that Google and many carriers are ignoring because no solution has been found.

0 Likes