LG G3 WiFi Not Working
Resullins

Seriously, the Wi-Fi on my phone SUCKS! It's about a fifth the speed of the data connection, and the data connection then uses my data! Anyone else had this problem? Any fixes? Ideas?

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 WiFi Not Working
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

WiFi is very important feature Resullins! Let's get to the bottom of this issue and explore options to resolve! When did this WiFi issue start? Does this happen with every WiFi network or only with a specific WiFi Network? Do you remember if issue started when you installed/updated any particular application/software?

AntonioC_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Resullins

It's a problem with the operating system. Lollipop has almost bricked EVERYONE's G3 phone. Read the other threads here, there's nothing but complaints about Lollipop. I just want to know when it will start working again. Is Google working on a patch? Is Verizon putting one out? Is there anything that is being done?

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

LG G3 will most likely skip 5.1 and go to 5.1.1 I believe.  It will be several months before that happens.  Not to say a patch of some sort might not come before.  No word yet.  DNSet app in Play Store is a good workaround for wifi problems.

0 Likes
Resullins

Interesting. What does that app do? This is the first I've heard of it in my "research" into this fun little problem.     

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

It helps resolve the ipv6 issue most LG G3s have with wifi networks.  Instead of changing the WiFi DNS addresses in and out to Google servers (which you cant always do due to private and public routers) you change the phone's In and Out addresses.  Most people say this works fine.  It's not cure, since most folks want the phone to do right without workarounds, but it helps.

0 Likes