LG G3 Lollipop update sucks!
bmd2k1

Got the Lollipop update late last week (guess I should have checked here B4 updating)......and NOW have all kinds of issues with my LG G3 (it was FANTASTIC before update).   Battery life sucks..is less than half what I was getting before, wifi is very erratic and slowwww, phone more often than not won't recognize the LG charger, gmail doesn't update automatically. 

Good Grief it's a nightmare.

I've reviewed this site and TONS of peeps are having similar issues.

How do we go back to KitKat and have a fully functional phone once again??

What Verizon pushed out is 100% Unacceptable!

-Brian

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 Lollipop update sucks!
DigSolid
Enthusiast - Level 2

Agreed. Only response from Verizon is to play "blame game" (user, apps, phone, provider, etc). Clearly a huge problem. Clearly no communication.

0 Likes
mrgizmo
Enthusiast - Level 1

Agreed, this update sucks.  I had a great phone that is now extremely annoying.  It appears 5.02 may fix some of the issues.  Why can't we get at least that update Verizon?  The most annoying thing about the new update is my phone gets stuck in a black screen and I have to reboot it frequently.  Also, I hate the new icons.  What is this kindergarten?  Triangle Circle and Square are less intuitive than Back, home and multi-window.  Can I go back to preupdate?  This is horrible!

0 Likes
tbo27
Master - Level 2

nope no you cant go back that would void the warranty. just have to let phone "optimize" or backup/fdr

0 Likes
bmd2k1

here's my follow-up / current status:

- ultimately did a reset of the phone to get a completely fresh Lollipop install (after trying a bunch of other things that didn't work...)

- followed up by plugging phone into my laptop via usb which then triggered some VZW update process to run (nothing really was displayed on screen during this process)

- as a result MOST of my issues are now resolved -- only problem I'm currently having is with WiFi working with my home Xfinity router private network...it doesn't & I've been told this is a known issue..and they are working on a fix...it does work with the public Xfinity net that comes with all their routers...albeit slower.  WiFi works fine with other providers I've tried elsewhere....ie) ATT is one of em...

- battery drain seemed to stabilize a couple days after the fresh Lollipop was installed.

Keeping an eye on things at this point....and waiting for the WiFi/Xfinity fix...

Thanks to Denny in VZW Tech Support for his efforts.

0 Likes
DigitalDawg1
Enthusiast - Level 2

I tried to hold off the update, but it seemed to go from optional to unstoppable. It went through no matter what I did, and I couldn't even make a communication that was important for 1/2 hr when on the road while the updating process was going on - not appreciated..

Now I'm in the same crappy boat as others who complain. Though I haven't put it through all the paces with different apps, I already notice hesitations after making selections. This worse than the already annoying hesitations that I've been experiencing. I do like the LG G3, but it is unacceptable to me that Verizon, Android, and LG can't put their heads together to make the end user experience work in at least an acceptable manner.

I may have to re-think LG and Verizon when renewal time comes around.

0 Likes