LG G3 Lollipop update is a JOKE!
sappingo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Since updating my LG G3 to Lollipop, my notifications aren't working with WiFi and my battery isn't lasting as long. My phone is only a month old, but now, it runs like my old LG Lucid; Slow. Facebook, Instagram and browser are lagging bigtime. Is Verizon going to fix this problem, soon? I don't want to go over my data allowance, because of this. My phone was working just fine with Kit Kat.

Labels (1)
Re: LG G3 Lollipop update is a JOKE!
Klue
Master - Level 1

I would suggest you do a full factory reset. What you have is a software (apps) conflict problem with lollipop. One or more of the apps that you installed is not the right version for lollipop and that causes the problems. You are going to have to get rid of them through trial and error method or a factory reset.  For further reference to get the best results from a major update with the lease problems you should factory reset the phone before you download and install the update, then immediately after factory reset the phone again.

Dee070878
Enthusiast - Level 2

I did a factory reset and my problems didn't get better. Instagram is still loading slowly, and Facebook is lagging. Right now, I'm not very satisfied with Lollipop or Verizon Wireless.

Dee070878
Enthusiast - Level 2

I'm having the exact same problem

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

I don't have a problem with performance other than the battery drain (I have 2 batteries anyway) and the heating up.

I can tell you a workaround for the notifications over wifi.

Go to Settings---Wifi---that the 3 dots at the top right and select Advanced then Keep Wi-Fi on when screen is off anf change that to No. What this does is turns wifi off about a minutes after you turn the screen off. The Wi-Fi connection is interfering with the device connecting to the cellular data to send the "heartbeat" to Google's servers. I have had it enable for about 5 days and it seems to be working out for me.

sappingo
Enthusiast - Level 3

If I do this, it will start using my data, while the screen is off, right?

0 Likes
sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

For what? You can't stream video when the screen is off. You would use no more data this way than you would if you were on a long road trip and weren't connected to a wifi and your screen was off. So if you're not streaming Pandora or anything like that you shouldn't have a huge data spike. Besides, eve with the wifi connected and the phone asleep, before this Lollipop issue, you were already using some data still.

sappingo
Enthusiast - Level 3

Got it! I'll try it out! Thanks!

0 Likes
justice0099
Enthusiast - Level 2

Me too. I havent found any help with the problems either. It seems everyone who ive apoken to that got this update is having issues.

sprmankalel
Champion - Level 3

That's usually what happens when there is a buggy software update. It's not just a few random people with issues. It's the whole lot of us with all of the issues. We can be mad and complain all we want or we can figure out ways to help each other get by until the fix is released. I choose the latter and that is why I shared the information that I did.

0 Likes