LG G3 & Google apps
Jh1000

I updated to Lollipop a few months ago when I got the message to update. Recently, a few months later, my Google apps have slowly begun to fail. I first noticed my Gmail app wouldn't push through my emails immediately. First, it just seemed like a temporary glitch until it just stopped syncing altogether. I can't even manually refresh to retrieve new messages.

Then, I noticed my Googlemaps stopped working. Now my Google Play store doesn't work either. I can't update or get new apps.

The only Google app that still works for now is Chrome.

I went to the Verizon store to ask for help. The agent who received me told me they "don't fix phones", they "sell phones" so she couldn't help me. What happened to Tech Support? She never pointed me to a Tech Support section or agent. Fine.

Verizon, you don't have to fix my phone, especially when the problem is an apps problem, but would it be so bad to have some online manuals for your customer service/sales people to access some basic information on those tablets they carry around to tell me where I can go or who to talk to when it is an apps problem?  Find out where to make complaints about Google apps, or whatever other common apps are being used by your customers. Put them on your intranet. Hopefully there's a search function. Let your sales people access them and help your customers better. Is this not cost efficient for your stores or something? Then designate at least 1 person per store per shift to be able to assist more time-consuming customers.

I was so unhappy with my experience and still have no viable solution. Once I get a refurbished replacement (which was the only solution your salesperson could come up with), the chances I will have the same problem, once I update to Lollipop again, is so high. I can't keep getting replacements. Tell me who to talk to if it's not you.

Thanks.

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G3 & Google apps
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Can you still access the Play Store? Do you have any applications disabled? If so, which ones are disabled?

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jh1000

Please see above where I wrote I can't access Google Play store anymore.

Is there somewhere on my phone I can quickly see which apps are disabled? I don't really know what you're talking about.

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

We definitely want to see your device running in top form! I sincerely apologize for the issues that you've run into here. May I ask what troubleshooting steps you've taken thus far? Can you elaborate on the specific issue with the Google Apps. Do you receive an error message, if so, what does it state?

YosefT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Ann154
Community Leader
Community Leader

Settings > Apps > All tab or the disabled tab.

I'm most definitely NOT a VZW employee. If a post answered your question, please mark it as the answer.

0 Likes
Jh1000

Troubleshooting steps attempted by Verizon store rep:

- phone restart using all methods: turn off and restart; turn off, then starting using power button

- change network settings "system select" from Global to LTE & CDMA

I personally tried deleting my Google account from the phone but cannot complete that task either. It just doesn't respond. The phone won't even let me delete via Settings.

The Google apps I have problems with:

- gmail app: does not sync at all, not even when I pull down to manually sync

- googlemaps: map is gray, current location dot is gray (not blue); nothing happens

- youtube: just white screen with circling loading arrow, never loads

- google play store: white screen, nothing loads

Currently disabled apps:

- Amazon MP3

- Hangouts

0 Likes
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

Thank you for the additional details. Have any changes been made to the Google Account? ( ie, password change ) May I ask if you're able to access the applications via the Application Manager? If so, I would suggest heading into one application at a time and clearing data and cache from the application. ( Settings > Application Manager > All > GMAIL > Force Stop > Clear Cache & Data )

YosefT_VZW

Follow us on Twitter @VZWSupport

If my response answered your question please click the "Correct Answer" button under my response. This ensures others can benefit from our conversation. Thanks in advance for your help with this!!

0 Likes
Jh1000

Actually, I did do that too. I cleared all my data and cache. Still nothing.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

Uninstall Google Play updates, then reboot, go back to GPS and let it auto update itself.

0 Likes