Re: LG G2 wont turn on or charge.
UsaRubber

I switched to Verizon. Got a free LG G2 from some web offer. Cool phone. After 3 weeks it refused to power on. THREE WEEKS IT DID THIS. I'm now back on an old Droid 4. Verizon stores refuse to touch the phone since it was online. Online service refused to do anything about it. Other than. 'Oh sorry you don't spend 10$ a month for a crappy warranty program that requires you to pay another 100 dollars to get anything fixed'

So basically the best thing to do. Is switch to US Cellular. They have a FAR superior customer support. I'd also not recommend every purchasing anything LG ever again. As their products are completely sub par, and more equivalent to that of a turn of the century phone. Crap. Also never.. ever... put your information on cloud. Unless you enjoy verizon handing out your info I would not recommend using CLOUD ever. And ignore anything a "verizon rep" says to this post. They are wrong. They are here to get your money. You know the support is bad when they ask "have you tried other chargers?" Cmon. That's the first thing anyone does. I was a customer with US Cellular for 10 years and no joke went through 2 phones with them in that entire time. Never had a problem with customer support. With Verizon for 3 weeks and this phone magically breaks and customer service literally refuses to even talk to you.. Also did I mention that my phone was shipped to me with scratches all over it? Labeled as "new," but it was quite obviously a refurbished product. Thanks Verizon, for reminding me how absolutely sub par your products and customer service is to US Cellular. I'll be switching back here soon. Unfortunately I also have to pay out the ass to cancel my shitty 2 year contract. Thanks Verizon.

0 Likes
Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

3 weeks you're covered under warranty. Did you call in about that? Could have gotten it fixed or replaced that way.

0 Likes
UsaRubber

Verizon rep told me over the phone that I had no warranty because the phone was a free deal with my 2 year plan. I recorded the phone call too because I had a feeling it wasn't going to go well. I was under the influence I had a month. I spent a few days trying to get it resolved. With no luck. I gave up. Quit bitchin and started using a buddies droid 4, total trash phone. I'm just going to bounce off my parents little plan and go back to US cellular. I believe they are going to do the same as well. Pretty poor service. I always heard US Cell had the worst. In the 10+ Years I was with them I never had to go through the kinda BS I went through with the 4-5 different days I spent trying to get my phone issue resolved.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

To be honest, that rep was an idiot. Call back immediately and get it replaced overnight with warranty.

0 Likes
Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

Droid 4 sucks. So where did you purchase the G2? Did you get it directly from VZ Wireless, or from a retailer? As far as I'm aware all phones have a 1yr warranty, even CPO, regardless of the "sale" or "pricing". Weird.

0 Likes
UsaRubber

It was an ONLINE only special through Verizon, From their website. It was free with a 2 year contract. Which is the only reason I'm taking this as lightly as I am. I've taken the phone to a local Verizon and they literally will not touch the phone. And yes the Droid 4 is the worst phone I've ever used. I had a super old nokia phone forever, then switched to a Motorola Electrify M through US Cellular and honestly NEVER had a problem with that phone. I even dropped it out of my pants while doing 45mph+ on a motorcycle it had to have slid about a football field length on concrete and it worked fine. My LG G2. Just stopped working. literally like I don't even know what to say It just didn't turn on one day and that was it. I've gone through enough hassle. I just made an account so I could post a rant real quick before I go down to US Cell tomorrow and dish out the money for what I consider, a considerably better service.

0 Likes
firesafetybear
Contributor - Level 3

Go into the chat under "device questions" and tell them you want to send it in for warranty and to overnight you one for free. It doesn't matter if it's online only, you should be covered under a warranty. All devices have a 1 year warranty. I wouldn't listen to the clueless phone rep.

Jay_M_
Contributor - Level 2

Yes I remember that sale. I got mine the day after the Free promo ended. Normally they won't, unless it's a corporate location. But I would have called in to customer care and gotten into it about a warranty replacement.

0 Likes
UsaRubber

Wow 10 minutes here I get more help than I did in a week worth of phone calls to Verizon. I've wasted at least a few hours on hold with this company already. Draining my life and time away. Unfortunately I don't know how to go about sending in the phone. I didn't think it was going to break within 3 weeks, and Curse the LG G2's internal storage. I have quite a bit of information that phone that I'd rather nobody ever see, other than me or my girlfriend. I'm rather certain the hack jobs at Verizon would more than likely go through it. It's just been one thing after another I'd rather get out of the contract all together than stay in it. I've been with them, I think 2 months now? I forget. I barely even use the phone anymore, as the Droid 4 is just absolutely discouraging. Just such a bad start with this company that I'd rather leave and never deal with it again.

0 Likes
UsaRubber

It was a corporate location. We have I believe 3 verizons in my area 1 is corporate. I took it to one of the others and they suggested I went to the corporate location. Went there and I was told, essentially, that I had to take my business up with the online service.

0 Likes