LG G2 wont turn on or charge.
hakkan

Hello,

I bought my Verizon LG G2 from Ebay and I was using my new phone.

3-4 days ago I put it to charge just before to sleep, next morning phone was dead. No light, it wont turn on, nothing... I believe phone is still in warranty but I am NOT a Verizon customer so do you know if Verizon warranty transferable and covers my phone. Please do not suggest to send it to the seller, this is a long process so he or she may not want to help me.

Is there any other suggestion about my phone. I pressed power button several times, I waited 2 days without charge then pressed several keys, used another charger, pushed several button combinations for several seconds but still nothing.

Regards,

Labels (1)
0 Likes
Re: LG G2 wont turn on or charge.
vzw_customer_support
Customer Service Rep

hakkan We are sorry to hear that your new device is not working properly. To answer yor question about warranty, VZW only covers warranty on devices purchased from us or retail vendors not from 3rd parties. It sounds like you have tried everything that we would suggest as far a different charger. You mentioned you tried several button combinations and here is the exact step for the alternate reset: Press and hold the volume down button and power button at the same time until you see the lg logo. You can try this with the phone plugged in the charger or while it is not on the charger. Please keep us posted.

SheritaH_VZW
Follow us on Twitter
@VZWSupport

0 Likes
hakkan

Hello Sherita,

Thank you for your help.

I did what you suggest; pressed volume down+power button while phone plugged in charger and not plugged. But nothing happened, no action, no light, nothing... I tried with two different chargers but nothing has changed.

What can I do else.

0 Likes
hakkan

Helloooo,

Is there anyone out there from Verizone Support ? Is it possible to help me please.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Did you try a different charging cable with those chargers? How about with a PC USB port? I would recommend trying a PC USB port. It should charge slower, but it should charge, providing the cable is good. Some cables are data only and will not charge. Have you tried different cables?

Even though you don't want to hear it, it would be a time to engage eBAY/PayPal's support if the seller is unwilling to work with you. If that doesn't pan out (it should), you could reach out to LG.

0 Likes
hakkan

Tried different cables, different chargers, PC-USB slot, etc. Nothing... Phone still does not power on.

Yes, seller does not want to work with me but I am not sure if ebay or paypal will help me, because phone was working when I buy it, it had problem after two months.

LG does not want to help for the phones which directly puchased from them. Only option is Verizon, they should help me because phone is theirs.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Honestly, you have a few strikes against you.

First off, no, if the device was working for a few months, I don't see how the seller is obligated to do anything. You purchased a working device. He isn't responsible for helping you, so you can't lean on the seller. You left that extremely important detail off your post.

Verizon isn't going to be helpful. You're admittedly not a customer. The phone is branded Verizon, because it's a model compatible with it's network.

LG. Only they might do something for you. You called them right? When I say they might do something for you, they MIGHT take it in and service it, but for a fee. Read their warranty.

LG VS980 Support: Find Manuals & Warranty Info | LG USA

I will spare you reading the Warranty section of the manual:

(2) The limited warranty extends only to the original purchaser of the

product and is not assignable or transferable to any subsequent

purchaser/end user.

(3) This warranty is good only to the original purchaser of the product during

the warranty period as long as it is in the U.S., including Alaska, Hawaii,

U.S. Territories and Canada

You still might be able to schedule a repair.

Schedule a Repair: Find and Schedule LG Repairs | LG USA

If money is tight and you've dealt with very small / compact electronics, have appropriate tools and great lighting, I might try opening the back myself (see YouTube) and checking if the battery is connected to the phone.

You could find another place that might service phones. It's possible the battery has become disconnected from the phone.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Sorry that the last part is a bit repetitive, and if it sounds like I'm chastising you. I'm not / no intention of it, just laying it out as I see it. I've been in a somewhat similar boat (but without the option to even attempt repair). I purchased a phone from someone and it flew off the roof of my car and run over and shattered into many tiny pieces. No insurance, and no warranty. I ended up eating the cost of it, and purchasing another.

Good luck.

0 Likes
hakkan

Thanks for advices Stef7,

As I wrote before, LG Customer service told me, phone is not purchased from them so they will not help me, thats all. So, I think I need to get support from a thirty party LG services.

And yes, I will open back of the phone to check battery status. I hope its just disconnected.

Thank you again,

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yeah, tough spot to be in. There is a video on replacing the battery... you want to check to see that the ribbon cable is connected.

LG would service it if you paid for repairs. There are other repair shops out there. If you don't feel comfortable opening it up... I'd get a repair shop to do it.

0 Likes