LG G2 connections
nilla5_2000

I have the LG G2 and when I first received it I was able to connect to both my laptop and work computer to transfer files to my phone. Both computers have Windows 7. Now when I got to connect to my computer it will no longer recognize the connection as USB device and will only now charge my phone. I have read other forums where people had the same issue and I have tried those suggestions...ie: turning the airplane mode off/on....turning on wireless storage, using a different USB cable. None of that worked. Any suggestions because it's od that it worked the first time but now nothing.

Labels (1)
Tags (2)
0 Likes
Re: LG G2 connections
tommyj496
Enthusiast - Level 3

I've got the same issue.  Hopefully we can get this resolved.

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Yes, the first thing you need to do, if you want to use the phone to transfer files is go into Settings | PC connection, then select Media sync (MTP), not Charge phone.

Assuming you've done that and you are still having problems, use a different USB port on the PC. Yep - just do it.

If these two things don't solve your issue, then you may have to get the PC back into a state where it will reload the proper USB drivers.

You can find it here:

http://www.lg.com/us/support/software-manuals

Just follow the steps to select Mobile, Cell Phones, 4G phones... down to the VZW model of the LG G2. Download and install the driver onto your PC. Shut your PC down and restart it. Now plug your phone back in.

HTH.

0 Likes
tommyj496
Enthusiast - Level 3

Already did all of this: 

I've gone from MTP to charge only and back.  I've rebooted the phone multiples times.  Did a factory reset.

I've tried all my USB ports to no avail.  I've even tried other computers and its USB ports. 

And I've downloaded and installed the latest drives from LG.com.  And before you ask I did reboot the computer...multiple times

When I plug in the phone, that quick USB notification (the pic that slides on the screen and then hides itself) does show up so the phone does recognize that its being plugged in.  However, still no acknowledgement on the PC side of things. 

This really is baffling to me.  I've never had such a modern device not work 'out of the box'. 

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Assuming your USB cable is good as a data cable...

I'm thinking Method 3 in this MS KnowledgeBase Support article might help you.

USB port may stop working after you remove or insert a USB device

tommyj496
Enthusiast - Level 3

Good point about the USB cable, stef7!  I've been using the same cable and never thought about its integrity.  But heck...you never know.  Unfortunately I don't have another cable handy so I'll have to check it tonight when I get home from work.

I'll keep you posted...

0 Likes
tommyj496
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well son of a....it was the the dang USB cable (I borrowed one from a co-worker).  I guess I'll swap this cable out for another.  Good thinking stef7!

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

Cool. Yes, they sometimes fail. Not all cables are created equal (some only support charging, not data). Glad you got it figured out.

tommyj496
Enthusiast - Level 3

Well...the funny part is that now it recognizes the USB...but then it still doesn't show up as a mass storage device.  When installing drivers the device driver fails (LGE Andorid MTP USB Device).   Even when I point it to the particular LG VZW MTP drivers, it still fails.  Seriously...why can't this be easy?

0 Likes
stef7
Master - Level 2

What operating system is installed on the computer?

0 Likes