LG G2 cannot hear me
Auburntiger1856
Enthusiast - Level 3

Half the time when I call someone, they cannot hear me or it is very muffled.  This happens regardless if I'm using the phone normally, or the speaker or bluetooth.  Usually if they call me, they can hear me but sometimes I cannot hear them.  I tired deactivating the VoLTE, but this did not work.

Labels (1)
1 Solution

Correct answers
Re: LG G2 cannot hear me
oldskoolbiker
Enthusiast - Level 2

Seems it might be a bug in the last release of the google app.  Turning off "Google Now on any screen" seemed to have fixed the problem.  We did some tests and with that option on, we had the problem, and off the problem went away.

Give that a try.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Dwightdr
Enthusiast - Level 3

Same thing, seems to have just started today for me.  Did turn on/off speaker on one call and it made the call better.

Other than today calls have never had an issue.

Auburntiger1856
Enthusiast - Level 3

I wonder if it is a network issue since it doesn't matter how I'm speaking (mic vs bluetooth) and also affects the speaker sometimes.  I tried a few calls using Google voice (VoIP) and did not have the issue, but they were only a couple of calls.

tbo27
Master - Level 2

Try taking off the feature on your account for volte calling also. Pull sim/soft reset

Snn5
Legend

I recommend that all G2 owners go to Settings-Storage-and tap Cache at least once a month.

FZ36
Enthusiast - Level 2

Same exact thing started happening to me yesterday w/ my LG G2.  If I restart the phone, it seems to work the 1st phone call "sometimes", but then after that others cannot hear me.  Has anyone heard of an update to this issue as it must be an issue w/ the Verizon network and the LG G2?

JoeWebb
Enthusiast - Level 1

We have 2 LG g2 phones and both of them are doing this. it started about 3 days ago and its only getting worse. both phones are basically useless now. come on Verizon help please!

FZ36
Enthusiast - Level 2

They are sending me a new phone... so we'll see if it's the phone or the service.

Auburntiger1856
Enthusiast - Level 3

they are sending me a new one as well but it looks like a lot of LGG2 owners are having the same issue so I'm not sure a new one will fix the problem.

0 Likes
Snn5
Legend

I tried to replicate the issue, but was unable to do so.  VS98027A.

0 Likes